3 Guinea Pigs looking for home in Toronto Ontario

bebesush

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:37 am

I don't know about other universities but York was such a big fashion fest. First year I really wanted to fit in so I was like everyone else, nicely clothed and hair well done and all. Then, the next few years, I just gave up. Sweat pants, ponytailed hair and no makeup. Lets just say I finished school while everyone else is still partying it up and wasting time. Thank god I didn't live in res cause I don't think I can put up with all those people.

hammer
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:42 am

Ha! I was in engineering at Mac. Plus, I worked at the bookstore and got 33% off all the clothes. By the end of my fifth year I don't think I owned an article of clothing that wasn't stretchy (and not sexy stretchy) or didn't have McMaster written on it. Engineering students barely have time to get dressed at all, let alone dress up.

I sometimes noticed the "other side" of campus, the arts kids, were looking a wee bit more presentable, but they just thought we were weird anyway, so ah well.

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:39 pm

It was like that for me too, SusieQ. Luckily I made a few friends there that remain so to this day. If I had to do it all over again there's a lot of things I'd do differently.

HiFi, good luck to you. You've said you've found a friend who will care for them? Maybe after the first year you can move out to an apartment with some friends and have your pigs back. There's no point in berating yourself for having gotten the pigs in the first place when you knew you were going off to college. What's done is done and the future welfare of your pigs should be the concern now.

cavyravy

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:26 pm

I had bought the piggies with them having promised that while I'm gone they would care for them
You should not have bought the guinea pigs without full intent to take responsibility, at that, why not one and not three?

Salana
Of course, so is making stuff up to cover up for not wanting to take responsibility for your actions, but whatever.
That is what I think. First off, HiFi, types because as "cos" so that tells me she's still in the teenie chat years.

Etta Mae
Guys- If you start a battle with everyone who wants to rehome their pigs, lurkers will be scared off and will have no desire to post their own needy pigs.

It's for THE PIGS! THE PIGS!
I think this is the major point. Even though HiFi seems to be handing off responsibility, she is still being considerate and responsible of the pigs by trying to find them a GOOD new home. That is the most important thing. She could have easily handed them into a pet store or put an ad in the newspaper...."Free to Good Home!"

I think its great that she is coming on here and trying to get someone who actually cares.

She is going to school, doesn't have much money, which means vet care is out of the question. I think this should incline people to help her out and respect her for that and not try to convince her in keeping them.