3 Guinea Pigs looking for home in Toronto Ontario

high_fidelity

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:36 pm

3 guinea pigs: Tai, Xander, and Bob, are looking for a good home, with C&C cage included. (2 X 4)

Tai is white with a tanned brown spot on his head (5 months old),

Xander is black with a white stripe (2 months old),

(Tai and Xander are smooth, Xander is silkie)

and Bob is an abinissian, brown with an orange stripe (5 months old)

The reason is because I'm heading to university and my brother wants to get a cat, and I dont want my guineas to be in danger. I'm truly upset to see them go, but if anyone has a loving home for these boys let me know. They must be adopted together.

Also included, a guinea weigher, food, treats, water bottle, hay rack, 2 spongebob squarepants beds, (which they LOVE), 3 log houses, flea and tick spray (they dont have either, but just in case for the future I bought it,) bath soap, hay, and pooper scooper.

To ask me about the guineas call me at:

1(905)850-2966 or 4165094828

Thankyou, and hurry please because I dont want to send them to a shelter where they could be mistreated or put down.

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:39 pm

I have three cats and two dogs, and my pigs are in no danger. Of course they live in a cage, but the cats leave them alone or just hang with the pigs.

Not all cats are predatory.

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:42 pm

Here are some great cat-proof cages you can make. Even if the cat is predatory, you don't have to ever let them meet.

http://www.cavycages.com/types.htm

high_fidelity

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:43 pm

I'd leave the piggies in his care, but I dont trust him, he's too young to give them the attention I believe that they need. I tried to get him to clean the cage today, it was hopeless....

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:44 pm

Are you moving into a dorm?

high_fidelity

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:49 pm

yeah, I'm going to be living there... I'd be home every once in a while, I was even thinking of driving back the 5 hours every weekend to clean the cage, but that isn't right.... who would hold them and love them, and make sure they're ok during the week? What if one weekend I came home and they were all sick and if I had been home I could have prevented it from happening? I've thought it through and they would be better off in the care of someone who has a lot more time for them. These guys have been spoiled by me too, cos I took a year off because I didnt want to go to university yet, so everyday I've been here playing with them and giving them everything they could possibly want.... (like their expensive spongebob squarepants beds.) My brother had a hamster once too and he wasn't like me, when I had a hamster it lived fo 3 years, vet check-ups and all, my vet thought I was insane. It had a massive cage for exploring and everything it wanted. My brothers hamster however died quite soon, lack of attention, lack of watching for sick warning signs, I dont want this kind of treatment for my guinea pigs. I have a sinking feeling something will go wrong and I wouldnt be able to live with myself if anything bad did happen to them.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:04 am

Why don't you just live in an apartment and take them with you?

Heck, a lot of dorms in Ontario allow pets, too. Which university are you planning on going to? I'm in your area.

By the way- throw out the flea and tick spray. That is NOT for guinea pigs.

high_fidelity

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:24 am

the flea and tick spray says for guinea pigs, but if you say its not for them, I'll get rid of it.....
also, the rules at the universities is that the first year u gotta live there....a year later yes I'll try to save up the cash for an apartment, I'll be taking my dog with me....I'm looking into someone possibly fostering my babies till I have an apartment, other than that, if someone wishes to give them a better home I have to give it to them...mom's orders.... it's stupid really, I don't understand her, she hates my guinea pigs and sees them as filthy rodents, when really they're lovely cuddly, comforting living beings who need love and affection....

high_fidelity

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:26 am

oh and I've applied to Windsor, Carleton, and Guelph... all dont allow pets, only "non dangerous fish" cos someone brought in pirranas or something.... why not allow guinea pigs??? its not like they'll be loud, c'mon the drunken students run up and down the halls partying....

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:33 am

None of those schools require you to live in residence. Go off campus and you'll have no trouble at all. I applied to Carleton and Guelph myself, so I know they have off campus programs for first year students.

It's not really fair to get rid of them just because they don't fit into your plans, is it?

high_fidelity

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:40 am

it's not cos they dont fit into my plans, its cos there's no one to care for them.... you dont think I havent been beating myself up over this??? my brother is hopeless, he wouldnt give the guineas the right care....if I wasn't being forced into university, I'd dedicate my life right now and start up a shelter, WHICH I will be doing after university.... I'm very dedicated to making living better for animals, but unfortunately these 3 have no where to go.... I have no money for off campus, and if I go to guelph it IS a must that I stay on campus for the first year... it also helps me raise enough cash for an apartment of my own. being dead broke without a job and trying to get an apartnment isn't so easy.... my family had promised to take the guineas for a year and they broke it, what am I to do??? I can toss and turn constantly, hold onto the guineas, return home every weekend and have them be lonely all week, or I can stress for a while until I realize someone out there can love them more than me.... the idea of giving them up is draining me because I love them more than anything, but sometimes when you love something and you know you cant provide the best environment for it, you have to suck it up and let it go on to have a better life....