These 4 pigs have 2 days left

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 2:07 am

LOL. Well, your carrier looks like a picnic basket. =)

I'm pretty maxed out for pig storage too. My dad insist on putting my pigs in those kiddie pools. I insist that they can jump over the edge and he insist that they cant and that this is somehow neater. I'm only good for transport now. Any excuse for a mini trip is fine by us!

christina

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 2:11 am

Hee hee! That's true. We did buy one of those small cloth carriers at Anaheim Feed. It has the little carry handle on top and the mesh sides. It's perfect for the one pig trip to the vet.

When we moved here, we transported the pigs in their old pet store cages--at least those things came in handy for something! The whole back seat and the passenger seat was taken up by the 4 piggies for sure!

Those picnic baskets went by U-Haul truck!

Charybdis

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 3:48 am

Jezza is trying to get someone to pick up the Baldwin Park pig tomorrow. She can't do it because she will be in class. I can't do it because Meg is having surgery.

michiganangel72
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 6:44 am

You ladies are angels!! Thank you for saving the lives of these beautiful pigs.

ChadWPB

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 10:13 am

Way cool. The pig in the lower right looks like our Mr. Snuggles.

They're all beautiful pigs.

It's great to see them getting another chance at life.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 10:25 am

Either I or Amanda can get the pig. I happen to be off of work today so I can get the guy after class before traffic hits. Rach can pick up the pig from me at night.

Can you arrange everything? I can go at around 1. Please call me if you already have Amanda going there.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 12:46 pm

I will help with gas money. Please email me through my profile, school is back in session for summer and I will not be able to check GL regularly. Don't hesitate to write me!!

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 1:18 pm

I would suggest that anyone wishing to donate either donate through Charybdis's website (which you can get to via her profile - she has a paypal option) or email Wheeky8, who will eventually take in the piggies, for her donation info. I'm sure they will both put any donations to good use.

I hope they don't mind me making the suggestion.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 4:13 pm

That is a superb idea. Bless all of you helping here and thank you.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 5:56 pm

As far as I know, the Long Beach pigs are being sprung tomorrow morning by a shelter volunteer. She will keep them until Saturday when one of my volunteers will pick them up and bring them to my house.

We even managed to get some bad publicity for the shelter policies:

http://www.amrt.net/#Pets%20of%20the%20Week

This is a rescue--shelter liason organization that has been hounding the shelter for ages and just got them to change their selection policies for dogs and cats. I'm sure this ad will get back to those in charge.

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 6:08 pm

Good going on the publicity. That is a deplorable policy.

bats

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 7:26 pm

Chary, are these guys going to be staying with you or moving elsewhere?

Edit: Nevermind. I re-read the first page of this thread.