Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:25 pm

"That one's not mine."
"Yes he is. You nurse him."
"I'm not nursing him. He's yours. She's mine."
"She's not yours, she's mine. You nurse him. I'll nurse her."
"Oh well okay, if you say so."

wheeky8

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm

Okay. Let me know if this link to the picture album works or doesn't.

Maggie, Amelia & Babies

critterluv02

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:55 pm

Wow. Those were some buys moms.

I really like the photo "Cleanuptime004". Out of all the pigs that have given birth here, I have only been lucky enough to catch it happening once. It really is amazing to see, but coming in to find them cleaned up and nursing is much less stressful.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:50 am

Congrats! They are all adorable and you guys have done a fantastic job moving all these pigs around. Kudos to all.

Charybdis

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:20 am

Those babies all look like little Gordons. I'm glad that everything went well.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:06 am

Too cute! It's fun to have all the pups at once. Get a picture of you with all eight. I have a photo of me and 10 of the Hollister pups days old. It's sure fun to look back on.

Enjoy the little buggers. You are in for a lot of popping!

critterluv02

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:15 am

Were there any light colored babies. It was hard to see in the photos, but it does look like they are all dark like Gordon.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:26 pm

What is Gordon's coloring called?

wheeky8

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:49 pm

Gordon was thought to be a reverse agouti, dark with light tips.

I think we will call this one "Seven" as in Seven of 8, like a borg. His striping actually connects and goes across the back of his neck, but it wasn't apparent in this picture from the video.

Seven

Most of the pigs are dark in color. Some have cream or red and black tortoishell-type markings and a couple of others have reverse agouti colors near the head. One of the black ones is abby-ish w/ ridgeback hair, the rest are american smooth coat. The one that has cream and black, has split color on it's nose and is dark on his butt with cream polka-dots.

They're so cute when they all bunch up in the corner. Eight little piggies popcorning and being wiggy. One little guy popcorned so hard yesterday he jumped himself about a foot across the cage.

The little ridgeback likes to follow momma all around the cage, wherever she goes, there he is right behind. He knows where the food is!

angelshelper81

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:07 pm

Gordon was thought to be a reverse agouti, dark with light tips

He looks like a regular golden agouti with much less red than normal, to me. Regular golden agouti is black hair with red (looks orange) tips.

He's cute, though.

Charybdis

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:12 pm

I don't think he is a golden agouti. His coat is silver and black --I didn't see any red in it.

angelshelper81

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:14 pm

It looked like red to me. If it's silver, than he's a silver agouti like Hammer's avitar pig. But whatever he is, he has less color on his tips than a regular agouti, so he's not going to look like a normal one.