These 4 pigs have 2 days left

Charybdis

Post   » Tue May 18, 2004 4:57 pm

The one Long Beach boar (Barney) has an ear infection. Otherwise, their diarrhea has cleared and they just have the regular parasites. But they ARE old & worn out. I would consider them sanctuary pigs.

wheeky8

Post   » Tue May 18, 2004 5:09 pm

Like I said before, quarantine isn't a problem, but the cage space afterward is at a premium. Me taking more sows in would be better, as the boars require more space.

Edit: Out of the two of us, CCI has immediate access to the better vet. It's just blocks away from there. Mine on the other hand is almost 30 min away, and not as readily available for emergencies.

critterluv02

Post   » Tue May 18, 2004 8:48 pm

Just wanted to say that in case Chary is too busy to worry about combining pigs at this point, it is fine to bring them the way they are. I have enough cages as is and can spend time over the next 2 weeks to do further intros and see what will work out.

critterluv02

Post   » Wed May 19, 2004 9:41 pm

The piggies have arrived. They all seemed pretty good considering they had just made a 6 hour trip.

I got all the care instructions from Chary and will continue on with their routines, in hopes of having everything cleared up before they hit the road for Denver.

I cannot think of anything to report that Chary hasn't already said.

Hanky is pretty thin, so I best get to chopping up their fresh snacks for the night and get him fed.

Perhaps I will get to a photo shoot so you can all see how gorgeous they are. I must say this is an attractive group of pigs.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Wed May 19, 2004 10:30 pm

I want to see them, maybe we should come in person.hehe

wheeky8

Post   » Thu May 20, 2004 12:43 am

Great! Fantastic! I've been wondering about them all day. Glad to hear they all made it and are doing well.

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Thu May 20, 2004 1:08 am

I'm glad they arrived. Can we come over soon for a personal piggy viewing?

Pigglies

Post   » Thu May 20, 2004 1:21 am

Isn't Hanky just the cutest? I tried to steal him, but Chary wouldn't let me.

critterluv02

Post   » Thu May 20, 2004 2:15 am

Pigglies, Hanky is adorable. Of course all the pups steal my heart.

Brianna and Robyn - Unfortunately, playtime won't be an option as they are going to be in quarantine the entire time they are here. My quarantine room is pretty small to start with and now very full with cages. Not to mention the ones that have parasites and other ailments. Playtime just isn't an option right now. Keeping strict sanitation is of utmost importance. I have to be very careful about the order that I handle them all in, etc.

Must get to bed. Good night.

Charybdis

Post   » Thu May 20, 2004 9:58 pm

Thank you for taking them in. It was good to meet you and all your animals. I don't know how you do it.

critterluv02

Post   » Fri May 21, 2004 12:02 am

No problem Chary. They are blending into the routine pretty nicely. I am really growing fond of some of them.

It was great to meet you! I am glad you enjoyed meeting my menagerie and you didn't act too shocked. Most people think I am just a crazy lady. With a few exceptions, I tend to take in the animals that are less likely to be adopted by other people and I do my best to make sure they all have great lives. I think everyone is pretty happy here.

I hope the rest of your trip went well. Thanks so much for taking the time to save all these piggies lives and driving them all here. You are a very dear person.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Fri May 21, 2004 11:33 am

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you Chary! I had been looking forward to it. Maybe some other time.

Isn't Becci's place amazing though? I could never be that organized.