These 4 pigs have 2 days left

Post Reply
User avatar

Post   » Fri May 14, 2004 9:25 am

Hey, a piggy with my name - cool!

User avatar

Post   » Sat May 15, 2004 10:57 pm

It's been brought to my attention that the remaining 3 pigs here are not in that great of condition. All have mites and diarrhea, which they're being treated for. The sow is possibly pregnant, as she's been housed with one of the boars all this time. One of the boars looks lethargic and has a head tilt. Hopefully, they'll all survive the trip here. I'll re-evaluate them after their checkup and treatment here to decide if they'll be up for adoption, or remaining in sanctuary.


Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 12:43 am

I don't know if they will be traveling at all. They are seniors, overweight, filthy, with scabs from mites and all three have diarrhea. The beige one does not look well at all and he looks like one of the oldest pigs I've ever seen.


Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 2:05 pm

Chary, I don't know if you will check here or your voicemails first today, so I am covering both basis. I have left you a voicemail already.

Please give me a call regarding all these pigs. Thanks.


Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 3:04 pm

I left a message for you on your voice mail.


Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 5:44 pm

Change of plans!

Critterluv has generously offered to house these pigs until they can be transported to their final destination.

There are 11 pigs altogether that we pulled from death row in the L.A. shelters.

2 are definitely pregnant
2 are possibly pregnant.
One is an orphaned baby.
3 are very old and sick (The Long Beach pigs).

The rest look fine. This is really a big load for Critterluv to take on short notice so many thanks for her generosity and dedication.

I'm sure that Pigpalooza could use any extra help in the form of donations or supplies to help with this extra burden (hope she doesn't mind that I'm posting this).

The rescue's address is:

Pigpalooza! Guinea Pig and Small Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 40373
Phoenix, AZ 85067

User avatar
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 5:56 pm

CL02, let me know if I can help in any way.


Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 11:23 pm

Thanks Brianna. I will surely let you know.

Red Blur came over tonight and we got all the cages built so we are ready for these piggies to arrive on Wednesday.

I will keep this thread current with info once I receive these pigs. Please check back here for updates.

Lethal Lover

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 11:47 pm

The same goes for me! :)


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:31 am

Chary, I have sent you 3 emails today, each of which has been returned "undeliverable". I am hitting "reply" so I know I am not misspelling anything.

Do you have a blocker or something? If I don't get a response from you this way, I will call you tomorrow.

No worries. All is well on this end and we are all set to recieve these babies on Wednesday. We need to get in touch to set up the time and give you directions, etc.


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:34 am

She may be having troubles due to me! It appears we came down with a computer virus this weekend and it hijacked all our address books. :(


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:47 am

No, it's because all my classmates emailed me their research papers to review and took up all the mailbox space.

Critterluv, I just emailed you. I'll clear out some space. You have my cell phone number, right? I haven't been home all day.


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 1:52 am

And just when I could have been famous for something....



Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 2:23 am

Hi Chary,

Yeah I do believe I have your cell phone number. It is nothing urgent, I had just tried sending you a couple of notes with some current info.

I guess I can just share it with you here. First off, Wheeky8 asked me to let you know that her computer is down so if you or Jen need to reach her, it needs to be via the 'ol telephone. She also said that Shannon has an amazing cavy vet and that the 3 elderly pigs will receive the very best of care. I thought that you knowing that, might make your decision easier as far as sending the older guy with headtilt.

Red Blur and I got all the cages built tonight so we are good and ready for you to arrive on Wednesday. We need to touch base to pick a time for us to meet here and to give you the directions as well. I am easy to find from I-10 which is the freeway I assume you will be coming on.

That's about it. Nothing big, just notes.


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 3:10 am

I cleared out some space but the research papers are still coming in so hopefully it won't fill up again. You can always use the rescue email instead of my personal one. It's

"Barney" seems to be feeling better today. I can tell just by glancing at him. His eyes are brighter and he seems a bit more alert. He's been eating hay.

I'll let you know what the vet says after looking in his ears.

Let's make the meeting time as convenient for you as possible--so maybe email me your schedule that day? It takes me 6 hours to get there, and I'm kind of a night owl so later in the day would be better for me. I'm getting a hotel room so I can always go there first and wait until you're available. Or go see my new nephew in Mesa.


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 10:39 am

Ok, I just emailed both addresses with my schedule for Wednesday. I hope one of them gets through.


Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:35 pm

The cavyhaven email always works, unfortunately. I must keep that mailbox open so that all the spam, worms, viruses, porn, and requests to surrender guinea pigs get through.

User avatar

Post   » Tue May 18, 2004 12:45 pm

I'm back on. At least for a little bit. I don't know how long it'll last. husband may take the 'puter down again when he gets home tonight.


Post   » Tue May 18, 2004 4:05 pm

Welcome back Wheeky! I sent Red Blur your phone number and asked her to contact you to coordinate that leg of the trip.

User avatar

Post   » Tue May 18, 2004 4:39 pm

Looking over the cage configurations, I'm thinking we should:
1-send the boar in Cage #6 to CCI, in order keep Hanky with the boar he's already paired with in #3.
2-if the LB pigs in #7 are really ill, it'd be better if they went to CCI. I'll foster the two sows (and pups)in #4 instead.

Maybe you can try to get the sows from 2, 5, and 4 together, and keep Hanky and his buddy in 3.

Post Reply
165 posts