These 4 pigs have 2 days left

JodiMN

Post   » Fri May 14, 2004 9:25 am

Hey, a piggy with my name - cool!

wheeky8

Post   » Sat May 15, 2004 10:57 pm

Update.
It's been brought to my attention that the remaining 3 pigs here are not in that great of condition. All have mites and diarrhea, which they're being treated for. The sow is possibly pregnant, as she's been housed with one of the boars all this time. One of the boars looks lethargic and has a head tilt. Hopefully, they'll all survive the trip here. I'll re-evaluate them after their checkup and treatment here to decide if they'll be up for adoption, or remaining in sanctuary.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 12:43 am

I don't know if they will be traveling at all. They are seniors, overweight, filthy, with scabs from mites and all three have diarrhea. The beige one does not look well at all and he looks like one of the oldest pigs I've ever seen.

critterluv02

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 2:05 pm

Chary, I don't know if you will check here or your voicemails first today, so I am covering both basis. I have left you a voicemail already.

Please give me a call regarding all these pigs. Thanks.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 3:04 pm

I left a message for you on your voice mail.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 5:44 pm

Change of plans!

Critterluv has generously offered to house these pigs until they can be transported to their final destination.

There are 11 pigs altogether that we pulled from death row in the L.A. shelters.

2 are definitely pregnant
2 are possibly pregnant.
One is an orphaned baby.
3 are very old and sick (The Long Beach pigs).

The rest look fine. This is really a big load for Critterluv to take on short notice so many thanks for her generosity and dedication.

I'm sure that Pigpalooza could use any extra help in the form of donations or supplies to help with this extra burden (hope she doesn't mind that I'm posting this).

The rescue's address is:

Pigpalooza! Guinea Pig and Small Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 40373
Phoenix, AZ 85067

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 5:56 pm

CL02, let me know if I can help in any way.

critterluv02

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 11:23 pm

Thanks Brianna. I will surely let you know.

Red Blur came over tonight and we got all the cages built so we are ready for these piggies to arrive on Wednesday.

I will keep this thread current with info once I receive these pigs. Please check back here for updates.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sun May 16, 2004 11:47 pm

The same goes for me! :)

critterluv02

Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:31 am

Chary, I have sent you 3 emails today, each of which has been returned "undeliverable". I am hitting "reply" so I know I am not misspelling anything.

Do you have a blocker or something? If I don't get a response from you this way, I will call you tomorrow.

No worries. All is well on this end and we are all set to recieve these babies on Wednesday. We need to get in touch to set up the time and give you directions, etc.

anglaz

Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:34 am

She may be having troubles due to me! It appears we came down with a computer virus this weekend and it hijacked all our address books. :(

Charybdis

Post   » Mon May 17, 2004 12:47 am

No, it's because all my classmates emailed me their research papers to review and took up all the mailbox space.

Critterluv, I just emailed you. I'll clear out some space. You have my cell phone number, right? I haven't been home all day.