These 4 pigs have 2 days left

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 1:00 am

Is Gordon a golden Agouti? What's a ridgeback?

Charybdis

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 1:16 am

If he's the agouti I brought, then no. A very dark silver, looks black from a distance.

Critterluv, I'm thinking that the bath irritated the DEW's mites too. The Nizoral was for the greasy hair and since it didn't do the trick and the others aren't greasy, it could be a skin problem with just this guy.

critterluv02

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 2:12 am

Hmmm...Gordon is one that Chary brought, but I wouldn't call him silver. He looks like black with pepper sprinkled on him. Not a typical agouti looking pig. I will have to post a photo to gather some input. He is by far the most striking agouti pig I have ever seen.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 2:16 am

Robyn just mentioned the other night that she hoped you'd get an agouti in rescue, lol.

critterluv02

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 2:26 am

Ahh...well Gordon might not work because I doubt that Ray will share his girls. We will need to wait for an agouti female.

Robyn - a ridgeback is a coat fault that results in a ridge running down their back. Gordon's is only very slight and can actually be pet smooth.

I cannot figure out how to post the photo here so go to www.picturetrail.com and type in Pigpalooza to view my albums. These guys are in the album labeled "CA Piggies"

Enjoy!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 2:28 am

I think Gordon might be a reverse golden agouti?

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 2:32 am

Gordon is gorgeous!!!

critterluv02

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 3:45 am

Interesting Erin. I have never heard of that, but it sounds logical. He just has so much black and the way it blends is really attractive. His nose and feet are pretty much solid black and it just begins to blend to those agouti hairs is it moves back. I really like it.

So far, so good with Ted and Gordon. I just came home from work to find them snuggled up together in the same hidey hole. I will leave them in the running pen overnight and try putting them into the same cage tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that these two boys work it out.

Charybdis

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 5:07 am

How odd. Pigglies and I tried introducing them and it did not go well at all.

critterluv02

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 10:57 am

They are together in the same hidey hole again right now. It is obvious that they were out eating plenty of food and hay during the night. Hopefully all is going well with them. It could all change as soon as I have to put them into a cage together. They definitely spent a fair share of time doing all their male ego crap, but once Gordon finally got to mount Ted, it seems it all began to settle down from there.

Penelopig and Carlene are doing fine together as well. So if this all keeps working, we will be down to 6 cages. Yay!

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sat May 22, 2004 12:40 pm

Your right about that Critterluv, Ray isn't going to share his girls with another boarly boar anytime soon. He's very attached to them. :)

Gordon is a cutie though.

critterluv02

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 11:32 am

Nothing major to report, just thought I would post an update.

Hanky has a very big tummy and is eating very well. He is still happily residing with Eddie, his dad. Eddie has made sure to eat everything he is offered so that Hanky will learn to do the same.

Carlene and Penelopig were cuddled in their hidey hole, snug as could be yesterday. I do believe they are enjoying eachother's company. Carlene came to the front of the cage and allowed me to pet her yesterday so she is settling in. Penelopig allows me to pet her head but is frozen still and looks to be more scared than it is worth, so I don't push it.

Not much change in the greasy hair and bald spots on the three older ones. Definitely not worse and I think it will be a matter of time before we start to see some new hair growth. Steiner (the DEW) is still greasy, but doesn't seem as bad. Barney's head tilt seems to be improving. It was very slight to begin with so it is difficult to tell if it is better or just wishful thinking on my part.

No babies from Luella or Lila yet. Luella is huge but her pelvis has not separated yet. I hope she doesn't have her babies on the way to Denver. They inhale every morsel of food I put before them. I fill their pellet bowl twice a day and every time they get fresh veggies, they act like they haven't eaten in weeks!

That leaves Gordon and Ted who are getting along quite well and are also always sharing the same hidey hole.

We are looking forward to receiving a box of KMs hay today which has been donated by Talishan. I will be sure to pack along plenty for Red Blur to take with them on the road as well. Chary was so generous to buy them all food dishes and water bottles and even left some tubs for them to travel in. Red Blur will be modifying the tubs with grids on the side for ventilation so they can be stacked in the vehicle to ensure we fit all the pigs in for their trip to Denver. She will be picking them up on Saturday a.m. for the longest leg of their journey.