Utah - 21 pigs need homes!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:23 pm

: ) Good for Lola

Sunny

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:46 pm

Erin - Daisy and Clementine were adopted this weekend too. Yay! To a wonderful family in Idaho. They have gone to live with two "sisters" - one is a neutered male, but because he is "close to being a girl" they call him Audrey. Too funny, eh?

Three wonderful successes this weekend... but a bit of bad news:

Sweet little Terrance passed away today. Poor little guy.

The adoption pending on Minnie and Red has been lifted... the adoption fell through. These two make such a good pair. I'd love to see them go to a home together.

And we got three new piggies in <sigh>, one young boy, about 6 weeks old, and a girl about the same age, and their mother, approximately 5 months old. They are all red and white abbies. I'll send pix soon. They are a bit dirty... the owners had used newspaper as bedding and I think over time the ink rubbed off on their white fur, so it looks dirty. they smell okay though.
Last edited by Sunny on Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:48 pm

Oh, cute story about Lola - while I was there visiting with all the girls, Cordelia's husband asked me, "How does Lola like her cucumbers, with or without skin?"

I think she is going to be s-p-o-i-l-e-d r-o-t-t-e-n!!!!! As well she should.

Thanks Tiff and Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cordelia
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:10 pm

How sad about Terrance, he was such a sweet little guy.

Lola was exploring her cage a bit and eating when I left for work today. We are so excited to have her join our family!

Sunny

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:36 am

Tiff - you're right! Sasha doesn't look anything like your avatar anymore. Little fur ball!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:32 am

updated it all.

Sorry about Terrance : ( At least he was in good care.

I posted pictures of Daisy and Clementine for their new family at CG a few days ago. The little girl(?) was so excited about getting her new pets.

AuntyLaura

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:16 am

I'm so sorry about Terrance. What happened?

Sunny

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:30 pm

AuntyLaura - Bladder stones. The shelter couldn't justify paying for the surgery because he came from an inbred situation and could have had lots of other problems down the road. He was in a lot of pain so they had him euthanized. Breaks my heart.

Erin, the little girl isn't so little. She just got her driving permit! They were so excited about the girls, they arrived at the meeting spot 2 hours early!

Thanks for making the updates.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:33 pm

My bad : ) I just sent her an email.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:54 pm

Erin has posted the "after" picture of Lola. I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but her fur is so pretty, it's copper, almost golden on the ends.

http://www.imageevent.com/erin8607/utahrescues

Cordelia reports Lola is getting on fine in her new home and has already been accepted by her 5 sisters. She also reports that she's gained a lot of weight and that she is the loudest and fastest girl of the bunch!!

I remember a couple months ago praying for the day this timid little girl was noisy, fat and confident.

Well I got my wish... :-)