Young female Guinea pig at Bergen County Shelter in NJ

ElvisTCB

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Who adopted Twinkie??? :-)

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Good to see she's adopted! :)
Thanks for doing the research. Can anyone foster Oswalt for a bit until Sera can get her?

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I was just at Bergen this afternoon bringing them newspapers.

In conversation, the woman asked me if I had pets and I told her I had guinea pigs. She said they had one there - so that was a fast adoption if she's already gone.

Lots of times they don't even list the guinea pigs or hamsters they get in - they usually have a good turnover rate.

I can always pick up a pig at Bergen and perhaps foster for a short time....

I will also call them and ask if they can notify me if they've had a pig there too long and it will be euthanized. I know going back a few years ago, they would call Have-A-Heart if they got in more pigs than they could handle.

ElvisTCB

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Thanks, jaydee. Are you familiar at all with the Woodbridge shelter/is it far from you?

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 am

Why do you think Twinkie was adopted?

I'm not near Woodbridge but it isn't a million miles away either.

I can get Twinkie and foster til a vacancy comes up, but she may be better off where she's at. They have a small animal room for rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters, etc. kept away from the barking dogs. And pretty clean too.

Can a rescue contact them so I can get her without charge?

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 am

Twinkie is listed as adopted on petfinder. I did hear good things about the Bergen shelter in the past, and that's good news.

Can anyone get to Oswald? Temp foster for Sera?

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 am

If no one else can, maybe we can do a swap next week when the MD UTI girl goes to DE.

That is, if no one else can, and if she could get to MD, Matt and I could take her in.

ElvisTCB

Post   » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:56 am

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received a response to my e-mail to Bergen. I had asked if Twinkie was at risk of euthanasia (which is a moot point now), & they responded: "Not unless she develops an illness we can’t treat." So perhaps their 90 day policy is in regard to dogs/cats, or has since changed? (Strange they didn't say she was adopted, though.)

Any further news on Oswalt?

jamesmilner

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 am

Good afternoon.
Thank you so much for very informative topic and cute pictures. That was I looking for.
Best wishes
James