6 Guinea Pigs in Southern California

RyRyGuy85

Post   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 am

Hello,
I have a very unfortunate story and I am trying to do the right thing here.

I was asked by a friend to watch over her 3 guinea pigs, as she was being forced to move for work and couldn't take care of them until she found a place for her and her kids. Long story short however, she completely abandoned them and will NOT take them back. We have had no further contact, unfortunately. To be honest I wouldn't feel comfortable letting her have them back if she would do such a thing in the first place, as they need a better home.

So when I first received them... They were all given to me in a single cage. Almost immediately, I noticed one of them was pregnant, and sure enough a few days later, here are 3 more pigs. So, trying to do the right thing, I separated the male's from the females, and gave the babies their own cage as well (once they grew old enough of course), for a total of 3 cages.

The problem I am having now is that I was in a part of my life where I could take care of them when I first received them because it was only going to be TEMPORARY. Due to the extremely unfortunate circumstances, I was indefinitely left with 6 guinea pigs. I love animals, and I used to own guinea pigs as a kid, but I am not in the right place of my life at the moment to actually own one, take care of one, and give it the attention it needs... Let alone 6 guinea pigs. Which is why I originally agreed to a temporary stay to help my friend out.

So again, I am trying to do the right thing here and help them obtain a better life. I have been taking care of them and feeding/watering lately, but that is about all I can do. I would love to find a great home for any of them if possible.

The male, Otis

The 3 babies... I didn't make them I just collectively call them "the babies" as I interact with them.

The females... Berry (left) and Coco (Right)

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:49 am

Photos are too huge to see on my monitor, but I have to say I'm fully envious of the hay.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 am

I hope you can find homes for them! Thanks for giving them at least a temporary home.

PooksiedAnimals, one trick to viewing giant pics is to make the browser window smaller. At some point, the resizing kicks in and they fit on the screen for viewing.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:34 am

That resizing trick didn't work for me. I can't see the pigs either.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:33 pm

It kicks in when the board is fairly narrow (mobile view).