Baby Pugsley (6 mo male Aby) in Michigan

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 am

Poor Pugsley! He was abandoned in a paper bag (ironically it was a "Happy Birthday" gift bag) in a pet store parking lot on a cold, winter day in Michigan with two larger guinea pigs who were picking on him. Luckily, they were found by a pet store employee who called Rabbit and Small Animal Rescue in Westland, Michigan and who eventually adopted the older two piggies.

I've fostered him for about two weeks. He is skinny, but otherwise doing well. He's been checked by the Rescue's regular vet. He is slowly learning to eat more vegetables and is gaining weight. He loves his hay!

He was nervous at first, but is getting used to family life. He's very curious and always seems to be watching me. He's nervous about being handled, but very bold in exploring during his floor time.

It only took him a few days to learn our routines. He's still in isolation, in another room, but when he hears my foster girls wheek for hay, he runs to his own hay box. When he hears the lettuce bag, he runs to the front of the cage. When I walk by, he darts out of his hut to see what I am doing.

Of course, I'd love a GL home for him if anyone in Michigan or nearby areas is interested.

Image[/img]

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:32 pm

He is an awfully cute little guinea pig! I sure hope he finds a home with someone who loves him and gives him the care he needs.