Two girls available in MA (Central)

rpaws

Post   » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Two older (3-4 years?) guinea girls are available for adoption in Central Massachusetts. They are here with me because someone who knew someone …. a couple who was getting divorced and losing their house. Because of this the guinea pigs also lost their home. I didn’t want them going to a (non-guinea pig geared) shelter that basically only handled dogs and cats. Other than that, I don’t know much about them as all they came with was a small cage with a water bottle, some pellets, bedded on pine shavings.

Both girls are “big boned” short haired mix. One girl is a pretty pink eyed white (PEW). The other is a very LARGE girl, crested, with a gorgeous white/gray coat, something like the coat of a gray squirrel. Pictures supplied upon request.

They are very bonded each other. They rest together and don’t get stressed about the small cage and NO hidey place. However, they ARE vocal about getting (uh requesting) their vegetables. Once supplied they are very laid back and rest together.

I attempted to try them with my girl who recently lost her cage mate, and no go

Still learning about them and will supply more information as learned.

Adoption/rehoming fee negotiable.

Can provide the small cage in addition to supplying materials to make a new C&C cage (coroplast and grids), along with some pellets and hay, hideys, etc.

If needed, can be source of ongoing information/help. If at any time adopter experiences a change in circumstance willing to work with him/her/them to help the situation. Seriously would like to keep as they appear to be very easy going, except my girl is VERY special needs (may she be with me for a VERY long time) and is looking for a friend to share mellow quite senior citizen days.

In addition to Massachusetts, can work with areas of Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:24 pm

They sound like a lovely ready-to-go pair that just need a bigger cage and some nice cage accoutrements. I hope someone can come grab them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:19 pm

I hope you find a good home for them!

You really do need to put up pictures, though. It will make all the difference!