Relocating piggies abroad - UK to Caribbean

Roxyloxy74

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello,

I currently have 4 boars, which were originally 2 pairs and successfully bonded (despite the odds!)

I am residing in the UK and will be moving to the Caribbean within the next 6 months.

I was wondering whether I can have views on relocating the piggies with me, or whether it would be less stressful to re-home them here in the UK.

The travel time including 3 flights would be in excess of 16 hours, and the temperature would be a drastic change (from 7-15 degrees to up to 42 degrees). I cant help but feel it would be cruel of me to try and relocate the piggies, even though it would break my heart to lose them.

I was wondering whether anyone has experience in this and if it is even likely that the piggies would survive the flights? I really just want to do what is best for them and would not want to harm them or cause them stress.

Thank you for your responses in advance!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:53 pm

I'd vote for leaving them in the UK.

One of the issues in most places in the Caribbean is the lack of vets who know anything about guinea pigs. It's also hard to get decent hay for them. The flight would be stressful for them, as well as expensive for you.