Utah, Two Male Guineas in Need of Boarding

LissyVae

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello, I have two Male Guineas that are named Rocket and Groot. Thanks to unexpected events I am unable to have them with me for a few months, since the place I'm going to does not allow pets. It will most likely be 3-4 months that I am gone. Because of this I don't want to simply sell them, but as I've only had guinea pigs for a year and I don't know many other guinea pig owners, I am at a loss.

Is it possible to have someone take these two in, while I pay a boarding fee for those few months, then take them back? I don't know if this is a thing. Also I was wondering if it is possible, how to go about it so my guineas are safe while I handle this situation.

Does anyone have any advice for me to be able to do this or is selling them the only option? Because I do not wish for it to come to that, but I'm at a loss for what I am supposed to do.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm

If you google "guinea pig rescue utah" without the quotes, you'll find several rescues. One of them might be able to take them for you.

If there's no rescue that can take them, my suggestion would be to contact exotic vets near you and see if someone on staff would be willing to do long term pig sitting in their home.

Good luck! Hope you find someone!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 pm

There might be a volunteer with one of the rescues who could help too.