Sam and Dean

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:26 am

Another great day with my new friend, Dean. I'm gaining his trust.

Sammy too, but he likes to nestle in and peek out.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Dean stretches out and relaxes with me now.

Sammy not as much, but he's still learning to trust me.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm

They are both so precious. :)

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:28 pm

I weighed Sam and Dean this morning. Sammy weighs 2 lbs 1 ounce and Dean is 2 lbs 3 ounces. I think that's a good weight based on their age and size, but I will know more on the 24th when they see the vet. Dean is slightly bigger in size than Sammy. Just about 2 ounces worth. For comparison, Scruffy is noticeably smaller than both of them, but not by much and he weighs 1 lb 13.5 ounces, which the vet says is good for him.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:05 pm

I expanded Sammy and Dean's wild grass intake with the very large dandelion leaves growing in my yet to be tilled and planted flower bed and garden. They liked that very much and wanted more, but they aren't quite used to the wild stuff yet, so they only got 2 small ones each. I think their trust is building rather nicely. They can tell when I have food so they come up to the side of the day pen to meet me now. Still tricky to pick them up though, but I expect that to get better too.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm

These two are pretty comfortable being outside in this covered pen. It's covered and screened. They're at ease munching on the grass in safety and shade. Both are doing that little happy squeak as they're eating. Getting used to the good life!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 pm

That looks like a good solution for them!

27 posts