My Caro....

Marielle

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:09 am

This sunday I had to say goodbye to Caro. One of the piggies that has been with me for a few years.
Caro was rescued from a Pet shop where she was abused. Caro, being a shelty, was combed: well, they were just pulling her hair out and I can still hear here cries...
Anyway, it was said dat Caro was male, but she wasn't. In our shelter she gave birth to 4 premature piggies. Two of them were dead, I tried everything, but could not do anything for them. The other two: named Camaro (yes, after the car...an idea of boyfriend-dearest) and Coral, were very small and, as I discovered, could not drink milk from mama. She wanted to give it to them, but she had nothing to give... So I fed them by hand. Camaro liked it a lot, but Coral was very difficult and after 1 week he died....
Camaro was now alone. He was very friendly, when I went to pick him up for his feeding, he used to jump on my hand all by himself!
Unfortunetly, more bad news came for Caro, Camaro had a very big belly and was in pain. We rushed to the vet and he had to operate on him, because there seemed to be a problem in the colon (prolabs). The vet and I talked and we discided that he would operate, but if what he found would be beyond repare, he would not let Camaro wake up....dreadfull hours of waiting followed...then the news came: Camaro could not be safed.... His colon had not developed as it should have, because the birth was premature.... I went to pick him up, lay him in the cage with Caro and then burried him. I still visit his grave sometimes, because he was so very special to us...
Caro was devestated: she would not have any other piggies around here: she would turn in a tiran! After Bello, one of our males, was castrated he was introduced to Caro. She was the first piggie she accepted...for 8 months she lived with Bello.
Sunday me and Bello said goodbye to her. She must have died in here sleep, quietly, without me noticing there was anything wrong with here.
Here death hit me hard, she went through so much and she was my 'dearest' (the name Caro means 'dearest') We burried here in the woods and after that I went to the park where Camaro is burried and told him...Ik hope they have found each other again, on the rainbow bridge...

piggielover

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:16 pm

Marielle,
I am SO sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing you are a great piggie mom and did everything you could to keep them healthy. You can be reassured that Camero and Caro ARE popcorning and playing together now at Rainbow Bridge...
Piggielover

Caroline

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:16 pm

Marielle,
sorry to hear of your loss. Caro was lucky to have been saved by you and was able to share her short live with a friend.
Take solace in the thoughts of happy times.
Caroline

PAL

Post   » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:55 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss, to go through that and have to say goodbye, it isn't easy but we must move on. Hopefully you can give another deserving piggie a good home.

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:49 am

I am so sorry for your loss. You will never forget, but it will get easier. I promise.