Three boars, one cage.

clairey

Post   » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:47 pm

I love that cage, there's something for every piggy mood.

It sounds like Scribble is the living proof that a boarly boar doesn't change when he's neutered! Does he get peed on much?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 pm

Lovely set-up and must be great fun for the pigs. I always admire those with 2nd level areas for their pigs, as I worry that it will be difficult to clean the underneath area. Better not show the photos to my girls as they'll be lining-up to move over, or writing a petition for a cage change as well.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:06 pm

I adore your cages! And Scribble is officially on the pignap list.

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 am

aww Scribble and his Chewie face <3 Can't believe how big your babies have grown!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:12 am

Brainerror - I know! I expected Scribble to grow bigger but Meribel has completely dwarfed Annie (the pig who we thought she would stay the same size/weight as). They grow up so fast, can you believe that Scribble is now a year old!?

GP_mum - I use to have a cage where the 2nd level overlapped 4 of the upper level grids. I found it SO hard to clean so I have since stuck with cages I can stand in when cleaning with bridges which don't expand beyond 1-grid in depth so you can reach all the bits!

Clairey - he does get pee'd at quite often but he's become very good at avoiding the punnishment and instead just goes off to bother Buddy. :(

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 am

I still can't believe Nibbler is 4, Squee will be 5 and Chubbles will be 7 in June O.o

clairey

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 am

Poor Buddy. Hormonal teen boars are such a pain, especially for the older gentlepig who just wants a quiet life.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:03 pm

They grow up too quickly! :)

Meribel has a complaint about veggie time. It did take her a while to notice but she believes that something (besides additional mass) is missing from this salad.

Look up, everypig! Can you see the grass farm sitting on top of the B&B cage? The grass farm which is completely out of reach!

Yes, yes - that grass farm! Have you noticed how the people have forgotten to leave it down here for us to get? How forgetful!

Well, then. There is only one thing to do. Right Fizz and Scribble - stop rooting around and lift this hay rack up on top of that wooden house. Lift me up and I'll eat ... I mean... bring the grass down for us...

(Apparently Meri's leg has now healed enough for her to get back into mischief.)

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Oh, I love it when they're all reaching out super inquisitive with the whiskers exploding around their snout!

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:51 pm

In the hayrack. SO cute!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm

I love how inquisitive Meribel is. She acts like she's never seen hands before in the cage but once she's out she's very interested in what you're doing.

TexCavy - jumping in hay racks is Meri's party trick. She use to always be on top of things even through her pregnancy and up until she broke her leg. She'd cause all of her babies to squeal out after her while she enjoyed a nice snooze out of sight and reach.

To stop her from trying to get higher and after catching Scribble, Fizzpop and Lolly trying to lift the hayrack on top of the hut to get Meri HIGHER, we decided to give the pigs a taste of grass.

Pickle and Blu are here while their people go on holiday for a few weeks, and could SMELL the sweet smell of grass being chewed. No number of leaves of lettuce could distract them from the prize...

Meribel chewed as fast as her little jaws would chew when she saw me look from the herd cage to the pet sit cage and back again. She knew what I was thinking.

And she was correct.

Later on I was surprised to see little Mei had escaped from her cage* and was walking up and down the little container farm. She said that she'd been employed by someone whose name rhymed with Hotel to stop any-other-pig... I mean, unnamed species, from eating the grass without previous consent.

jacqueline

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:43 pm

What great pictures! How did you grown the grass?