Barley: Ambassador of Love in training

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Part of being Barley is enjoying visits from the UPS man with his box of monthly supplies from Amazon.

And yes, he is pink-eyed,

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Building picnics when the weather is wonderful are great social opportunities for visiting.

We have one left from that day that is taking forever to upload.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Finally the last one uploaded. He was enjoyed by more than just a few people that day, some are more comfortable holding the basket in their lap that other are. Many prefer to just stand next to me and reach in the basket that way.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:59 pm

And when I boy gets done working he needs a nap.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:45 am

He's adorable and glad he's bringing job to the people he visits.

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:35 am

ohhh barley <3 wish my pigs could do his work

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:19 am

We live in a Senior building and the visits started with his predecessor. One day after we had been sitting outside we came in to a full lobby and every one had to see what I had in my basket. Punkin was a very cuddly and loving pig and enjoyed the attention he was given. And more important his neighbors loved him. The would give him a little bit of love and he would magnify it and give it right back to them. Many saved him special veggie treats and even their empty round oatmeal boxes.

Barely had some big shoes to fill when I got him and he is working hard.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 am

Figuring that when I got little Barley in April he was 3-4 months old he is now 9 months old and paid his first visit to Church for his first St Francis day pet blessing. It was a little cool so he got in his flannel bag and snuggled down in his carry basket in that on top of his soft mini dog bed for warmth from the bottom. For extra warmth from the top he had a flannel baby blanket on top of his bag. Little curious did not want to stay all the way in the bag he had to have his head sticking out so he could see what was going on. He was so brave and behaved so well. Then during a hymn a basset hound had to sing with the people and he plastered down flat and did not move again until we got home. He was very happy to be met in the lobby by a neighbor for some love then came home for a nice snack and a long nap.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Today little Barley went visiting while still sweet smelling and super soft from his last bath. The flannel bag does make a difference in the lobby when the automatic doors open and close. For such a wiggle worm he can be a little angle laying still in his basket being loved on by two people at one time. He is a gentle little guy with people to be such a chase me when it comes tome to get him out of his cage.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 pm

I love the picture at the top of the page. He's so cute!

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:30 pm

He's beautiful. Do you have any other pigs?

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:19 am

Aw, little Barley is a working pig!

Love the fun stickers on the side of his shopping basket.

More photos please!