Pretty pretty please with a Cherri on top?

DashingPigs

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello there! My name is Cherri. I am very pleased to meet you. c:

I'm here to share my story, but actually it starts before I even come into the picture. My guardian, who says you can call her Dash, saw a really cute pig in a pet store many years ago, and decided to look into guinea pigs a little more. She found this site that night, and has been lurking around ever since.

She learned all about caring for piggies, and the fun they can have, and it became a small dream of hers to bond with some. Her mom however never really got a good vibe from guinea pigs, and didn't really feel they were the right pet for them. So in order to have a chance with cavies, a tough deal was struck. Rooms would be cleaned, and responsibility would have to be shown.

The end result was this: Only one young guinea pig would be adopted at first. Dash would have a month to see if she could care for it, keep it from getting lonely without a partner, and most importantly if they could fit together. If not, they would find the piggly a new home more suitable to its needs.

This is the good part: where I come in!

I was brought into Dash's room yesterday, on the 23rd. I have a nice big 2x5 C&C cage, which seems like my own room with how small I am right now! I have some hidey spots, lots of running room, and the snacks aren't bad here. I'm also told more toys will be on their way soon.

This Dash human isn't too bad either. She's a little awkward, but I don't mind her petting me at all. I think I like it here. On my first night I couldn't stop running around and popcorning!

But I'm still just a young piggly and I don't really know what it's like in the world! I know this is only a first glimpse, and I'll get into more detail later - especially about my snacks - but does this place look decent? Do you think I could do better?

Dash could probably use any tips you might have and such, but I think together we can both learn what the other species is all about. I hope that in a month, we can go to her mom together, and we won't have to say "pretty please with a Cherri on top?"

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:28 am

You are doing very well with your new mum - a 2x5 CC is very spacious for a single pig and can accommodate 2 when the time is right. It's very fortunate that GL was found and read up on before you were adopted as alot of the basic care information (plus so much more) is provided. Looking forward to reading more about you and the experiences of your new piggy parent.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:58 am

It looks lovely. I just can't imagine that much shavings. I know it might be complicated with moms and such, but fleece is so much cheaper and nicer (after the initial setup). But ymmv!

And welcome!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:51 am

Dear Cherri,

You might want to tell your mummy all about how fun it can be to buy meadow hay and leave it on the floor for you to tunnel though. My mummy never does this with the orchard grass she buys but she likes to see us make our own burrows.

Oh and there are things called fleece forests that can be strung across the width or corners of a cage which a great fun to popcorn through! You can play peek-a-boo with Dash and they are great fun!

Lovely to meet you,

Meribel, Scribble and Maisie!

DashingPigs

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Oh, hello everyone! *sniff sniff*

GP_mum
That's good to hear! And thank you for stopping by.

AldenM1
It is a lot of shavings, but Dash's mom wasn't really sure about fleece. I will bring it up though, it sounds very comfortable!

NoCableisSafe
I actually have some hay since Dash's mom loves these huge animals called horses, but you can't see it too well because it's in one of my pigloos! I agree, it is very fun to burrow in. c: I just had her put some more out for me so you could see me hiding in it. Let's play find the pig!

And fleece forests sound amazing! I'll have to get the human to look into them more! Thanks for the advice, Meribel, Scribble, and Maisie.