Chock

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 am

chock and spike had to go their seporate ways as blood was drawn from chock on sat night. Lucky my friend who gave me spike was over so she took him back on sunday. Since spike left all chock has done is stuf his face. Think spike was keeping him away from the food. Some of chocks fur was pulled out as well. Poor piggy. He will be a lone pig for now as he is still frightened out his wits. I been having issues with both of them together but as i cant see its taken someone sighted to tell me what was goin on.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:52 am

chock doesnt want to run iether, he wants to be on my lap under a blanket. In my arms or inside my jumper. He falls asleep on me and i mistook his wheeking for the other pig. What he wanted was more food. He has emptyd the pelit bowl twice since sunday and its a big bowl. When i cleaned cage out last night the furst thing he done was check the pelits then the hay stack. I didnt wanna trubble any one by posting about the issues but i feel like i have done the right thing for chock to be honest. He is soft in fur and nature which is a bad thing as he wont stand up for him self. He doesnt have the fight in him.

Wheekers3

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:21 am

Eh, some pigs just don't get along. You did the right thing for Chock. Being chased away from food is a non-negotiable.Is Chock thin?

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:37 am

You did the right thing for him. It sounds like he was bullied out of food. Never mind him having a ball with food at the moment, that will go down. He's now in the "It's all mine now and I will eat as much as I can" phase.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:43 am

Thats what i thought. He keeps wheeking at anything that rustle. Nice to hear his little wheek again. Its quite loud too. He has lost fifty grams i used my talking kitchen scales to way him yesterday and he came in at 900 50 grams and he was a kg in april.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:51 am

The cage is full of things for him to eat. He seems much happyer on his own with his human who he likes to try groom iether my dreads or my eye brows. Whats that about? The eye brow thing. Anyone elses pigs groom their humans? Chock is acting like he is about four months old again and he is two and a half. popcorning. Talking. Wheeking for veg. He is slowly bouncing back but its gonna take distence to get his waight up again. He drop it easy like me but putting it back on like me again is hard for him.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:01 am

Chock is a very special piggy to me. I got him three months after i got out the psych unit. that was almost three years ago.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:12 am

When i cleaned the cage out and replaced everything in there he headed straight for the pelit bowl to check it. so he must have been chaced away from the food cause all he doin is eating eating eating. He dont wanna run in his pen iether at the moment for some reason. Maybe something traumatic happened to him in there and thats why he dont wanna stay. He gnaws to be put back in cage with in two mins. Maybe i need to re disinfect the pen again in case spikes scent is on the bars still. I done that all ready but maybe it need more cleaning. Replaced his towl totally so it just has his scent on it but maybe he doesnt have that much energy right now. poor wee thing lil chockster

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 am

today is furst day where chock hasnt woken me for food. He wait till he hear me move about at six which is normal waking time for me. I feed him a huge bowl of salad before i went to sleep and he didnt strip the cage of everything as a result. maybe i do this for the next fiew nights

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Hooverd the floor and disinfected both floor and pen where spike was. Gonna re try chock in pen tomoro morning for a run now its been disinfected and towl changed. i am expecting him to want out with in two mins. will keep you posted

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:24 am

Chock has really found his wheek again. He is really loud. Almost shouting level his wheek is at. i forget to give him salad last night and i was woken at five by him wheeking for me bless him. He still not made the link where the food isnt gonna run out or hay or no other pig gonna take from him. that will come in time though i am sure.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:59 am

Just replaced hay topped up pelits and water. Now chocks throwing a party in there. dont know what he does during the night for the cage to be in a mess in the morning.