Pigjes' Pigs Piggadice part Pee ... oops, Three!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:31 pm

What a smart & communicative pig!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:51 pm

What a charmer he is! Easy to understand why he has captured your heart! I am glad you are together - for to understand each other, one needs just the right human, too :-)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 am

Aww thanks! There is 2 of us, he always waits when us both are together to make sure that his problems have 4 ears to listen. Hub loves him to bits as well, and Binky knows it, lol!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:10 pm

So do we, although he probably doesn't know it.

Hang in there, Binky, Mom & Dad are going to keep you up and going!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:24 am

That sweet face, whom I love so deeply, filled with unconditional love when he spots me! Binky has totally captured my heart and I am so grateful for each day he’s with me ♥ His kind little furry soul makes my heartstrings sing from joy!

He’s overly joyed because his arthritis supplements kicked in, and his human mom saved yet another day!

I knew that the moment would come that he would decide that the meds were working, so he needed no more of that icky stuff, lol. He flew into a hidey and instantly pretended to sleep!!!!! I warned Binky that it was time for his meds. He knows that we never pick him up whilst he is asleep! I said "Binky, don't fool me, you are not asleep!". So, he opened his eyes and sighed when I picked him up! Cheeky devil!!!!!!! I had to laugh so hard!

Binky had me in stitches again a few days later!

I always say bye-bye to Binky when I go to sleep, and add a hand movement with my arm stretched up high, clapping the 4 fingers up and down twice.

I was just about to go to bed, and he softly wheeked at me. So, I looked at him, he saw that, and he waved at me, trying to mimic the same bye-bye movement as I do. Leaning on his one front paw, sticking the other above his head and bending his toes twice. Seriously.

I could not believe what I saw and could not stop laughing, but it surely was rewarded with an extra treat!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 am

Binky is a marvel! I am so glad you share your stories with us. They bring warmth to my heart and a smile to my face.

I'm glad the glucosamin, collagen, turmeric and ginger have helped him with his arthritis!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:41 am

I'm happy, too. I love hearing about Binky, and even more, I love the pictures. Another piggy to remember forever, although I'm thankful I don't have to just remember him. Binky, you rock, baby boy!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2019

Post   » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:21 pm

I love that Binky smile!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:06 am

Thanks all! Yep, he usually smiles at me! That was the first thing he learned when he came to live here.

We always thought it took a pig a lifetime to communicate with us better, but Binky has picked up fast!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:10 pm

He is so cute! It's funny, isn't it, how some pigs figure out how to communicate so well.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:33 am

Some pics of my sweetie!!

Just cruisin' and chillin'!

Wheel replacements.

Binky Valentine!

He's a Pigganova!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 am

He is such a heart stealer!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:57 am

If Binky gets any cuter, you will find yourself with a lot of guests. Or maybe one less little boy!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2019

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 am

Sweet boy!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 am

Some pigs I had were exceptionally smart. Floopy, Druppy, Bubbly+Plucky (2 sisters). I thought Plucky was the smartest up to now, but I would say Binky tops her. Next story is a great example.

We had a massive storm here in June, which sounded like a mini tornado. We never heard anything like that before. The noise was deafening and Binky was as scared, as we were. That scare resulted in an outbreak of mites, which can lay dormant in pigs for years. So, I ordered a treatment instantly when I noticed the first signs, which was a flaky skin and one bite mark on his back. The treatment was delivered within less than a day.

I told Binky upfront that I would get rid of the crawlies, as soon as I spotted it. He listened. He had no clue, but as he tilted his head when I said the same thing several times when I grabbed him for his meds and a kiss, he listened well enough to realize that something was up. I repeated it before and after when he got the treatment, which has a distinct smell.

When I treated pigs against mites in the past, they were angry at me for days. Binky is the first to be the opposite. He scratched, scratched, ran around, drank water, ate, just anything to keep his mind of the itch in between scratching. This started within 10 minutes of administering the treatment, and had stopped the next morning. So, a treatment works FAST, first time I had a clue about that. Grabbing him for his meds the next morning, he gestured to want to lay in my neck, so I let him. He smiled at me, snuggled so close, and gave me a kiss. I think I made a new best friend.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 am

Binky is such a doll! I am so glad you tell us his stories.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:17 am

Thanks!

I will have to switch to another account to upload pics. Look what they did to all my pics at Photobucket, sigh. And they ask me to pay for it.

Yesterday, day 7 after the first mites treatment, Binky complained and showed us both this morning 3 times that he has an itch again, with a worried look on his face. He waits till we look at him after whimpering, then scratches, and looks at us again, repeat 3 times. That sure was clear to us, lol. Told him: "Later, I will kill the crawlies!" 3 times. It had to be done at midday, no sooner. He got it, he went to eat. He's the first pig I ever had in over 50 years who overcame his instinct to hide a medical problem, as he has done before, which no pig ever did. He's so smart!!

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:48 pm

That is very clever!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 am

If I were a guinea pig, I'd want pigjes as my human!😁

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Thanks all!! Renonvsparky, you make me blush. Better ask my hub how he feels of me being his, hahahahah!

382 posts