Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts #2

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks, it was about time! You have beautiful piggies!

Kaylee

Post   » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Haha, good thing you reminded me! The camera was gone for a while, but I found it again a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna use the purple fleece next time, can't wait!
They were REALLY confused when I put in the lime green liners. They had a look of "wtf?!" on their faces, it was priceless. I hope they do it again when I have the camera ready.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 am

Jen, I received my items today and I love them all. It's like Christmas! Thanks so much. Photos to follow at some point as they are put in to use.

Kaylee

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Woot! We're steppin' on multi-coloured bugs and frogs!

Kaylee approves of eating breakfast on new, clean and fancy fleece.

Inara approves (but is a bit comfuzzled!) of new girly fleece.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Those ladies are just too darn cute! LOVE the bug fleece ;) I really liked that snowflake fleece also.

I had ordered extra of that lime zebra one you picked and mad TONS of liners for our cages. I'm in love with it!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm in love with the frogs and bugs!

Kaylee

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:21 pm

The bugs are awesome! And the lime zebra! I need to order more of those soon (when I've got space to put it somewhere... heh...need to rearrange to make room for more piggie stuff!)

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Jen - I'm dying to see pictures of your piggys' cage(s)! Also, how much would a liner for a 2x5 be? Are the liners already pre wicking? How thick are they, and are the towels absorbent enough for one week? Thanks so much!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:37 pm

There are pictures of my cages somewhere on the "show your cage" thread, but those were pre-move. We moved in the beginning of January and had to re-do the cages and I have yet to get pictures yet, but I will :)

I don't make a full 2x5. I would recommend getting a 2x2 & 2x3. I find this easier for washing purposes. The prices are listed here http://www.jenscustomcrafts.com/cage-liners.html

I use a thick towel for the bottom layer, batting for the middle layer, and fleece for the top layer. How long they last really depends on your pigs and the cage size. I normally don't go more than 5 days, but have on occasion gone a week. Some cages need to be changed every 2-3 days, I find this more common with aging piggies.

We are trying out some liners with that new Zorb material to see how well they work and if that fabric is worth the hype. So you may be seeing those on my site before too long!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 pm

The liners are great!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:05 pm

We second that :) They are amazing indeed!

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks Jen! Just tell me how the Zorb experiment goes (: