A Fraud and a Charlatan

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 am

From what I understand, automation means there are not going to be a lot of steel jobs, no matter what you do. Instead, the tariffs are going to hurt a myriad of companies that depend on steel. It will cost the consumer a lot. From what I have read, it is unlikely there were be much new investment in steel if it is solely driven by tariffs - as they can change and are not a reliable indicator of what the future holds.

Post   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Yes, I don't know much about Trump's plan, good or bad. If it is in keeping with his typical pulled out of his -$$ hair-brain ideas it probably doesn't have much logical thought behind it. However, my comment is more about trying to create a conversation about something beneficial to America, decent paying manufacturing jobs, if possible. I don't know enough about economics one way or the other, but I think we need something.

I don't trust any of those other names either. I find it troubling when politicians say something is good or bad these days. I question their motives, are they concerned about taking care of fat cat donors or is there some genuine concern about constituents? Also troubling, anything Trump says is going to be hammered by media, politicians, citizens, and justifiably so.

His own words and actions have caused him to be seen as a joke, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. So the concern to me is just because he says something, doesn't always mean he is wrong. I'm not defending him. I fear we may lose some opportunities because, or in spite of him. We're in a terrible jam.

And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 pm

EP, here's an interest article on manufacturing/tariffs/jobs, etc.

For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:25 pm

"That's why it's EXTREMELY important to stay informed, and to SHARE information with others."

I like what this guy has to say. I don't know anything about him except that the blue check by his name means he is who he says he is. Waiting for the end is nerve racking/hair raising .

Click on it.

Post   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Worth reading.

I think the republicans are more dangerous than fox news though and think they will not respond to pressure.

205 posts