Biden // Harris => What a team!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Really looking forward to seeing them both in office! But first there will the the debates and election. I was partial to Warren but she will still be the best and most progressive legislator we have.

Regarding the announcement, Bess Kalb wrote [twitter]:
"My heart goes out to Mike Pence and the entire Pence family on the tragic news of the upcoming Vice Presidential debate."

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:32 pm

I am so thrilled! She was my pick for VP, and I think they'll be a really great team.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:47 pm

I didn't have a strong preference, but when I saw the headline I was really excited. She'll bring a lot of energy to the campaign, which it needs, and she can be a real pit bull. That might come in handy.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm very pleased, although I'd have been happy with any of the candidates. I mentally ruled Bass out when I found out about her foray into Scientology, but all the rest were well-qualified and capable.

But I do think Harris is the toughest and the most accustomed to Rethuglican attacks. She can take it, but she can also dish it out. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Pence!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:45 am

This has some clips of her in action with Barr & Kavanaugh. Watch them squirm.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:51 am

I'll be interested to see how she handles Pence.

The "birthers" are back in full force, by the way.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 am

So I heard. Of course it doesn't apply to his kids with women of uncertain emigration status.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:16 pm

I watched his video - and the clips of Harris. I am happier every day she was chosen as Biden's vp!

Further down on that twitter page:
Al Franken @alfranken·22h

BREAKING: Trump Says Harris was Born in Kenya and Is Obama’s Half-Sister.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:23 am

If you didn't get a chance to watch Kamala Harris' acceptance speech, you can find it here - or read the transcript:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/19/1970778/-Kamala-H ... ade-official

I have to say, both Michelle Obama and Barack Obama were my absolute fave speakers. Measured, clear, compelling. They are such treasures. If I run across a direct link to their DNC convention speeches, I'll add it.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Barack Obama is, and always will be, my President.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:50 am

I confess to turning off the TV after listening to perhaps 10 minutes of Biden's acceptance speech. Barack Obama was and still is such a wonderful communicator. To listen to him is to hear the words, spoken from his heart, feel them resonate. We all need to vote (and plan how we will vote) for Biden. I hope he can be swayed to more progressive policies. I do feel if presented with progressive bills, he will be on our side.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for running down Obama's speech! I will have to listen to it again tomorrow.

It seems Brayden impressed many people yesterday. He was remarkably brave (public speaking is hard enough). Especially when it is possible/likely you will have trouble with delivery.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Yes, thank you! I want to listen to it again.

I know Biden isn't perfect and he maybe isn't the candidate I really wanted, but he's a good man, smart, compassionate and experienced. I also think he will surround himself with some of the best and brightest that this nation has to offer for his administration--assuming trump doesn't steal yet another election, which I very much fear he will do.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:33 am

I have always had a lot of respect for Biden. He is one of the few senators who sets a good example for fiscal responsibility, ethics, and moral character. He never hired chauffeurs or limos when commuting to work. After his wife and child were killed in a tragic car accident, he made sure to be home with his boys each night to give them a sense of family. He is just a decent man who cares about his family and the American people.

The Obamas represent what I consider the American Dream with everything that they have accomplished. I remember feeling so relieved when he won the election and became president. It was like a cloud was lifted when Bush left the White House.

My concern with what I see in the political ads is that the Democrats are too scattered with what they plan to do. I think they would be better off to focus on 3 top issues and campaign on those, with a to-do list for everything else. And I would like to see more emphasis on all the things Kamala has accomplished and less emphasis on her gender and cultural background. She has the credentials and I think they need to play that up in the campaign. We don't want Biden-Harris to be compared with McCain-Palin because that's not who they are.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 am

I think these guys are pro Biden. Super pro. New clothing tag, "VOTE THE ASSHOLES OUT".

I couldn't be more in agreement. To vote the current crop of sinners out, VOTE BIDEN/HARRIS and vote for every other Democrat on the ticket (or we won't be able to recover)!!!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm

I like that tag.

18 posts • Page 1 of 1