Misc posts on topical issues

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu May 30, 2019 4:17 pm

It's okay. We can take random stuff too.

Cockpit looks cool!

GPIG

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:01 pm

It does look cool how about an update?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:06 pm

An update sounds good to me!

Erinspigs

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 pm

It was the most intense thing I've ever done. I had prepared extensively. However when the time came to suit up and get last minute instructions the adrenaline was overwhelming. I had never felt so much adrenaline and I remembered my Dad telling me how he would always throw up before playing football games due to adrenaline. He would go on to say never pass up and opportunity to throw up in a controlled environment rather than at an inopportune time. So I did and I felt better.

My pilot was a woman and I was happy about that because it's nice to know they are doing it just as well as the boys. She was nice but all business which I expected. She asked me what I had for breakfast because it was going to be in the back of her plane but I said I already took care of that. She laughed, it seemed to break the ice. We talked about our backgrounds, one of my heroes in flight was hers also, Kara Hultgreen, the first woman fighter pilot. Sadly, she died in a crash and we spoke about that which made what we were about to due more real.

Taking off is like nothing you can imagine, and we were on land, can't imagine a catapult. You are up and charging in seconds, effortlessly. I tried to remember all that would happen all I've studied about aerodynamics and for a while I did focus trying to imagine flying the plane. The Lieutenant spoke to me on the radio telling me what was coming and finally telling me to enjoy the ride but remember to breathe and do extremity exercises for g-forces. It became acrobatic.I handled it pretty well, I think. Just amazing.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Wow! What an experience!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:00 pm

I hope you fly many more times and the thrill never leaves!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:33 am

Wow Erinspigs!!

GPIG

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:53 pm

I'm speechless, and I'm rarely speechless. You have to call later.

Lynx, what a wonderful thought . My fondest wishes are for the same.

GPIG

Post   » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 pm

There are several issues of our times I've never been able to form a pro or con opinion. The death penalty is one of them. Lately though I think I lean more to not waiting it. It's not applied equally, we know that and that's a major con. However, it's when I hear cases like this guy in South Carolina getting the death penalty for killing his 5 children that gives me pause.

I mean the guy drove around with 5 dead kids in a car for 9 days. Can anyone seriously tell me that person is mentally competent? What good will it do to put him to death? Will family cheer and be happy when he dies? It won't happen for years and then won't it just destroy any healing that may have taken place? Closure is a myth.

I don't know. I have respect for the guy who lost a family member and then waits for the offender to be convicted in court, witnesses he's sane, smuggles a gun into court and kills him himself. Fast, clean, applied equally.

GPIG

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:35 am

I think technically June 28th is Gay Pride Day but maybe this whole weekend is to celebrate also? I know there is a big parade in NYC my daughter went to.

So to all, Happy Gay Pride Day, always be proud. Most of us believe the same rights apply to all but there are still those who don't. May their hard hearts be softened and their ignorant minds changed. Be safe and enjoy the beautiful weekend!

GPIG

Post   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 pm

YOU GO GIRLS - making us all proud wining the World Cup

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Wonderful win! They had a stellar run!

GPIG

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 pm

I am in no way a conspiracy theorist but when observations and coincidences become overwhelming you must look at the whole. Kennedy was shot by a single gunman and his name was Oswald. He did however have logistical support, Jack Ruby wasn't a patriot shooting Oswald because he was so broke up.

On to 911 - planned and executed by the people we think, however there are many pieces that do not add up. I am certain Cheney gave the order to shoot the plane down over Pennsylvania, was not brought down by the goof people on board however heroic and nice a story it makes. I'm positive. The plane was 9 minutes out of Washington and the Cap building to be specific. 10 minutes out is bring it down however possible.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:55 pm

My sister likes the mob theory for Kennedy assassination & the Jack Ruby story doesn't pass the smell test. I don't think we'll find out in my lifetime.

Interesting about the plane over PA. I had no idea it was so close to DC. Shot down by a military plane I guess?

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:28 pm

The plane that flew into the Pentagon doesn't smell right, either.

GPIG

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Yeah Jack Ruby becomes a Kennedy lover all of a sudden, mob hated Kenendy and with good reason.

10 Minutes til contact, maybe less, no way it's getting closer. Cheney had to make the call Bush wasn't able and in my opinon it was the right call but in the opinion of many Americans Im sure it was the wrong call and those type policies need to be discussed. I always hold my opinion is not the right one, it's only mine, others are equally important.

By telling the story as it happened we have heroes (and we love our hereos. My profuse appologies if I have it wrong and theose guys did bring it down, I don't think they did though) The Government conviently never needs to talk about the military shooting down citizens on a commercial airliner. A terrible event and one that begs much condieration and debate there are all kinds of constitutional events within that situation. But our Governement lost a long time ago the notion it's for the people by the people.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2019

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Interesting theory but I’m not sure the facts back it up. I believe the passengers were in cell phone contact with their relatives, told them about the plan to try and overtake the hijackers, and told them when it was happening. I believe there was also cockpit transmission of the struggle to overtake the plane just before it went down.

I know the government lies and make things up (the Gulf of Tonkin incident and Saddam’s supposed weapons of mass destruction are just 2 well-known examples), but you still have to have some facts or evidence to back up alternate explanations.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:37 pm

I do remember the cell phone contact well. It seemed they had a very good idea of what happened on that plane.

GPIG

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:38 pm

They know there was a fight, they know there was a rush to the cockpit, they know the hijackers were thinking about putting it down, they know F15s had radar lock, we know 93 was 9 minutes out from capital or white house. Very simple for the pilot at the controls to steep dive or steep climb/roll and put anyone "rushing to fight" on their ass. What would you do, leave it to chance or make sure it gets put in the ground

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 am

Interesting & plausible theory GPIG.

So sef - what's the smell problem with the plane that hit the Pentagon? I'm missing something.

254 posts