Misc posts on topical issues

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:58 pm

GPIG, maybe a case of "The Brass is always greener...."?

On the subject of Drones, ones not being used to carry out assassinations that is, I thought you might find this interesting

https://www.bbcearth.com/blog/?article=the-technology-fighti ... UILi2FS2SUgU

I am sure Soleimani needed to go but that probably wasn't the best way to go about it. A bit like using a Sledgehammer to remove a fly from somebody's forehead. I am sure Putin could give Trump some lessons in more discrete and subtle ways to remove opponents.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what the after effects are.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:46 pm

"I am sure Putin could give Trump some lessons in more discrete and subtle ways to remove opponents. "

Ha! Like leaving a dead body in a hotel room.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:45 pm

I was thinking more like Umbrellas that fire Polonium pellets or Novichok.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Even better. The ultimate in discrete.

Erinspigs

Post   » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:39 am

What a great site rjespicer, I will make sure gpig doesn't miss it. The fight against poaching is near and dear to his heart.

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:44 pm

If you really want to give yourself nightmares over where drone technology could end up then watch this. If you get anxious easily then please do not watch it. It is fiction, for now, but shows where the technology could go if not controlled and regulated.

GPIG

Post   » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 pm

The world, or should I say the US has semminly stopped because Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash. Im sure he was a great guy, I didn't know him, I'm also sure the people who all had to leave wrok, not go into work so they could mourn didin't 'know him either.

It seems the reaction a bit over the top but hey I'm sure he wil be missed and he did seem like a good guy. Lots of good guys die every day.

As for helicopters; I was in two pretty bad helicoper crashes, one was the worst I've ever been injured and in both cases if not for incredible skill from the pilots we all would have died. As it were several people did die. Helicoppter flight is very very tricky and from what I've been told by good pilots, it's not something you do casually.

If a helicopter pilot doens't know how to autorotate at the alst second, forget it, and most don't unless they are in very hectic situations like combat, or flying with good chances of crashing and they know it going in. I only flew in heleicopters I did not take ground vehicles. I was in country for a long time and it was all about odds. IEDs can't get you if you're flying

Guys who fly non stop out to oil rigs in all types weather, guys taking the fire jumpers, etc, they're good becaue they are doing it all the time in rough conditions. They aren't flying rich people to 13 year old basketball games. Ive heard countless stories of wealthy people pressuring pilots to fly in bad conditions. Not sure if that was the case but it sure sounds like the guy had no business flying in what he was flying in. What a shame.

GPIG

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:01 pm

I know i've promised my family i'll never do it again, I'll never leave here for other jobs but this is killing me. A woman I know from South Africa sent me this link and it is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen.

I'm sorry, but I have to do something. I'm out of my head right now. I don't know the details and they don't matter it's the fact this goes on becaue of people killing elephants also. I'm not a big, tough, bad ass man afraid to say I cry. I cry like a baby sometimes and I can't stop crying looking at this. Please be warned, it's elephants having a funeral for a dead calf.

https://petrescuereport.com/2019/elephant-herd-have-funeral-procession-as-they-cry-over-dead-calf/

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:57 pm

That IS very sad, GPIG. Elephants are just such magnificent, intelligent animals. I so wish we could communicate with them.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:16 pm

That is a very moving video.

piggypie

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm

GPIG, what would you do for the elephants if you went there?

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2020

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Not clicking. Sad enough already just knowing.

292 posts