Putting it all together - Russia/trump

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:51 pm

This is a really long read but covers so much of what happened that it is well worth the eye-opening time. It includes new information that had not been known and a chronology that offers a devastating look at what happened.

A Reporter at Large
March 12, 2018 Issue
Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier
How the ex-spy tried to warn the world about Trump’s ties to Russia.

By Jane Mayer
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/christopher-steele-the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Looks fascinating.. I bookmarked it.

When the whole story is finally told, I wonder how many volumes it will fill.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm reading "Messing with the Enemy: Surviving in a Social Media World of Hackers, Terrorists, Russians, and Fake News" by Clint Watts.

Blurb from Amazon:

A former FBI Special Agent, U.S. Army officer and leading cyber-security expert offers a devastating and essential look at the misinformation campaigns, fake news, and electronic espionage operations that have become the cutting edge of modern warfare—and how we can protect ourselves and our country against them.

Fascinating. It's a great overview of what happened/is happening.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 pm

One of the most terrible things is that an all-out attack/defense is not being made to protect us for the 2018 elections. Talk is cheap. We need to stop foreign influence, know where political advertising/influencing is originating from.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Jeez. What to say?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm

What to say?

Putin's got tRump by the short and curlies. That is all.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Yesterday it was obvious. Even Republican legislators are calling out Trump.

Whether or not they ACT on what they see to protect Mueller and the coming elections will be seen.

And the Russian spy in the NRA? All that money funneled to all those races, especially trumps.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am

A bully is only a bully until called out by another. Trump is scared spitless by Putin and I wonder why. I don't think it's just those short and curlies Putin has a grip on.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:11 pm

Yes, a lot of us wonder what hold he has on him.

lisam

Post   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 pm

I doubt the Republicans will do anything about it. Behind closed doors they're all like "oh yeah, that's the last straw" and then they go ahead and keep kissing his butt. They figure it would be political suicide to actually act against him.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 pm

And now he's inviting Putin to visit!

Razgriz_410

Post   » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:55 am

Can we really blame that? I know that the West and Russia have conflicting interests, but believe it or not, they actually have more common interests. The West (both the US and Western Europe) and Russia are economically interdependent, and no matter what happens with Ukraine, Syria or the Skripals, one side needs gas, steel and investments in real estate and ports, and the other side needs cars, gourmet foods (some go through, even with the sanctions), football tourism and investments in the natural resources.

If you want my opinion, things like [removed url]make more for world peace than pacifist NGOs, the nuclear threat and election meddling altogether ; the ones in charge go where the money is!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Documentary on Trump-Russia will be in theaters Aug. 31.
"Active Measures": Documentary Says Russian Mob "Made Its Move" On Donald Trump In 2002

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/02/active_me ... in_2002.html

This is good. The 35% won't budge, but a lot of my friends are strongly anti-Trump & still don't know about the mob connection & how wide the whole network involved in this is conspiracy is.

This will get the story out to the whole country.

Just after the election, Lynx linked to a story (in Mother Jones?) about the pinging between a server in Trump Tower & Alpha Bank. Tip of the iceberg.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:55 pm

I bet that will be an eye opener. I have read strings of information about this but putting it together creates a very devastating picture.

14 posts • Page 1 of 1