Collusion/Conspiracy - The Case is Building

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:07 am

Trump will not be able to get out of this. I read a breakdown of recent developments that are clarifying things. So much yet unknown (redacted) and yet to be revealed.

A retired lawyer on the Daily Kos did a summary with lots of links:
Inching Closer to the C-Word. The Cohen Memo Moves The Ball Towards The Collusion Goal Line — A Lot.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/12/9/1818033/-Inching- ... l-Line-A-Lot

p.s. there has been much discussion over the use of the collusion word vs. the use of the conspiracy word. Whatever you call it now, it will likely assume the more legal term of conspiracy once the important indictments arrive.
They can't happen soon enough.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 am

I just hope they've got something criminal on him that the courts can take care of. The House could impeach until the cows come home, but the Russian-paid Senate will never convict him.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 pm

It appears there are definitely charges that can be brought by states - though they may wait until he is out of office.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 pm

I’ve been staying with guinealynx because I miss Teddy and love feeling close to other guinea pigs and their people. But added political commentary as a bonus? Thank you, Lynx! I’m looking for hope in DC.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am

I am looking for hope too. This administration has been so destructive to our beloved country.

I can't wait for the new house members to arrive in January.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:31 pm

This Comey Flynn news is making me nervous! An aside: I told Rose I was staying in touch with guinealynx even though we lost Teddy. I told her about the “world views” section. She has named it “Pigs ‘n Politics”!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:19 pm

That is a very cool nick name for this forum. Your friend has a good sense of humor.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:32 pm

It’s my daughter-Teddy’s original rescuer. And she’s 19 and the generation that will have to live with the fallout from this reckless mess our country is in.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Ah, your daughter is a smart woman.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:46 am

I have only watched the first one of this Australian series, but will certainly watch them all. For people who have forgotten some of the background, very worth watching:

Trump/Russia: Follow the money

Trump/Russia: Secrets, spies, and useful idiots

Trump/Russia: Moscow rules

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:05 pm

I'm adding a very long break down/time line with many links. Seeing everything together is helpful:

Trump Tower Moscow was a much larger deal—and potential crime—than anyone has realized
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1/27/1828956/-Trump-To ... ed#read-more

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:21 pm

I'm in the middle of it (actually the beginning - it's long) - fascinating. Things have gotten so complicated that I'm having trouble keeping track so I'm looking forward to seeing it all pulled together in an easy-to-read format. I've heard several times that all we're (the public) seeing is the tip of the iceberg.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:26 pm

I actually only got half through but added it here because I intend to go back. There is so much that has been turned up on this - and seen altogether, it makes a compelling case.

GPIG

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 pm

There's a way to get Trump that no one is putting much effort into. Not even the President can overrule the CIA and the NSA when it comes to Security Clearance. Now I'm not a lawyer but I don't think he is breaking the law by demanding someone give it despite the person being vetted not making the grade. The person that actually listens to Trump and pushes it through would be breaking the law.

And no one, not even a sitting president can make enemies of those 2 alphabet agencies when it comes to messing with security clearance. Is there no Democrat with close intelligence ties that can pick up an envelope stuffed with photos and memos from a dead drop in a dark Washington park?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am

You mean a "Deep Throat"? You never know what's happening behind the scenes, but I haven't seen any evidence of that sort of thing yet.

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:05 pm

What also looks promising is the potential RICO investigation in to the Trump organization.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:01 pm

I've heard it said a number of times that collusion is much harder to prove than RICO & financial crimes.

GPIG

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:43 am

A RICO investigation would take a vary long time. Thing is they are going to have to back off some. The Mueller thing turned up nothing and at quite a cost in money manpower and time.

The key is the Security Clearance for Jared Kushner. I have a tiny tiny spec of experience with "ordinary secret" clearance and it is not a fun or quick process, no one circumvents the process, no one but the president. They were demanding Top Secret Compartmentalized for Kushner and he doesn't have a good reason to even have it, they just wanted it - that's frigging everything about Nukes and Spies why would he need that?. It' s not an achievement type thing to go on your library wall. Many people's lives are at stake when it comes to TS clearance. I'm really surprised people haven't jumped on this

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:09 am

There are people quite concerned about the clearance thing. What was leaked does indeed make it sound like Trump circumvented the process.

"A RICO investigation would take a vary long time. Thing is they are going to have to back off some. The Mueller thing turned up nothing and at quite a cost in money manpower and time. "

This is what the Republicans want you to believe. We already have a huge amount of information from the indictments and convictions that Mueller is responsible for. Attorney General William Barr's summary of the investigation was pathetic. Mueller has also passed much info on to appropriate attorney's general in various states.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:33 pm

"Attorney General William Barr's summary of the investigation was pathetic."

For sure. I'm still reeling. Just when we think we're making a bit of progress, we slide back. Like we're Sisyphus pushing that rock up the hill.

My sister pointed out that SDNY & EDVA, etc. are part of the justice dept. meaning controlled by Barr. Of course the state AG's are independent and I hope they run with whatever info they have.

GPIG. I don't get why the security for Kushner is the key. I'm not arguing, I just don't understand - maybe because you know more about this stuff. Trump got Kelly to do it. I think the access to Nukes & Spies info helps Kushner do business in the Mideast. What a corrupt bunch of bastards (is this word allowed?)

42 posts