Mattis-Trump-Erdogon

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:11 am

OMG. This is too scary. A lot of people & countries were depending on Mattis to keep Trump from doing something on the international scene that would be awful. Now what?

Voldemort blatantly took Erdogon's advice during a phone call instead of Mattis'. Even Bolton & Erdogon himself were stunned. This is a win for Putin, Erdogan, Assad & ISIS. Sell out your country, Orange Face? Of course, if he was going to ignore Mattis' advice anyway, it doesn't make any difference if Mattis is gone.

Mattis' letter really gave Trump the finger. Has Trump figured that out? He probably couldn't make his way through the whole letter, let alone understand it, given the formal language Mattis was (appropriately) using.

And by the way, the tough Ruth Bader Ginsburg had some cancerous nodules removed from her lungs. I guess the progness is ok for now. In addition, she said a while back that she has horcruxes hidden all over DC.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:30 am

Don't think Trump is pulling out of Syria because he thinks it's the right thing to do. There's always a motive: money, covering up his criminality, manipulating his base or appeasing Putin.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Who knew the country could go to hell in a hand basket so many times the basket has evaporated.

I think there are a lot of people worried now that Mattis will be gone early 2019.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 pm

And...RBG voted to protect asylum rights...from her hospital bed! Isn’t Mattis gone?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:43 pm

He will leave at the end of February, I believe, giving time to find a replacement.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mattis/trump-sa ... dUSKCN1OJ2WR

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 pm

The Orange One has ordered Mattis to be gone as of the new year. Trump's trying to save face, have the last word.

From what I've read Trump's really freaking out as Mueller closes in. And his behavior is more & more erratic. Just scary. I guess it's buckle your seat belts time again, but each time things are worse.

Sorry to be a Debby Downer right before Christmas.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:14 pm

From the NYT:

Patrick Shanahan, a former Boeing executive, has no military experience, no previous government experience and little experience with foreign policy. He takes on his new role amid the president’s plans to withdraw thousands of troops from Syria and Afghanistan.

How impressive. At least it's not Sean Hannity.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:41 pm

And yes, Mattis is leaving on the first.

Definitely time to buckle the seat belts!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Mattis leaving on the first? trump is going down.

I cannot believe the utter and complete incompetence.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:23 am

Truly frightening. The calmest people I know, one of whom has worked in DC and in government service for 30+years, are equally frightened.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1