Warren to Run in 2020?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 am

As I understand it, Cory Booker supports charter schools, and I'm a big proponent of public education. I'd also like to see some more experience.

If tRump played fair, sure he could be beaten. But whether anyone can beat him and the Russians and his cheating, I don't know.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 am

Well, and that's the thing. It most certainly is NOT a level playing field, when Russia has that level of involvement (or any level of involvement) in our elections. I'm not convinced we'll ever have another legitimate presidential election in my life time.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 am

Big proponent to public schools here too!

GPIG

Post   » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 am

Cory Booker has some serious money and power behind him out my way - he's going to be your guy.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 am

I like Cory Booker, but his stand on charter schools bothers me. Public education in Texas is under major assault, and we need somebody who will take a strong stand in favor of it Maybe he'll evolve on that point.

lisam

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:58 pm

God yes, big public education supporter here too.

I don't know who I'd pick yet. I like Biden but not for president. I'm even not sure how I feel about Bernie running again. I've seen Cory Booker speak, as well as Beto and Warren. I need to check out the others. I'm definitely not for our own (Washington State's) Jay Inslee, even though I agree that environment is a big issue.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:41 pm

lisam, what don't you like about Inslee? I don't know anything about him except that I like his stand on the environment, and I'd like to learn more.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:26 am

I thought this was interesting:

How contagious is Trumpism?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-contagious-is-tr ... 60523565923e

lisam

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Oh, I like Inslee, and love the way he's stood up to Trump for us here in WA. But I don't think he has the backing to win against Trump.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:51 pm

There are so many people in the field right now, it's hard to evaluate them. A lot of them don't have much of a national presence. I've never heard of Inslee or some of the others whose names I don't remember.

As far as I'm concerned, public education is one of the bedrocks of democracy.

My priorities are:
Get rid of Trump
Get rid of Trump
Get rid of Trump
Get rid of Trump, etc, etc.
universal health care - global warming tie

I think global warming, in addition to causing flooding & weather changes & other stuff, is going to precipitate armed conflict & huge refugee problems. This because of warming changing local climates & affecting food & water availability.

Sorry about the gloom & doom. It should be obvious by now that I have a dark take on things.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:07 pm

But don't get me wrong. I don't mean *campaigning* on Trump. I think the most powerful issue is health care because it effects so many people in so many ways including whether they live or die.

I just listened to this with E. Warren:

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:15 pm

That is a great clip.

And I couldn't agree more with your post just above the clip.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:35 am

Bookfan, no apologies needed. I laughed when Trump's name was first being tossed around as an actual Presidential candidate. I'm not laughing, now. I now fear we will not have another legitimate election in my lifetime, and who knows beyond that. These are dark times.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:27 am

I can't believe that Biden and Bernie are both putting their hats in the ring. I still like Gavin Newson, even though he lacks experience (which is, of course, never an issue with a Republican candidate). Useful site that breaks down the voting records/political positions on major issues:
http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 am

Biden shouldn't be running. I think Bernie's time has passed. I totally still go for Warren.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:11 am

I like how Newsome just grabbed his kid during inaugural address and kept talking. That's real to me, the kids a little kid doing what tired little kids do and that's what a decent father does, takes the kid and keeps going because when you got a bunch of kids they just do stuff, they don't care where you are. I guess I like him too based on that. I don't know much about his policies but real is good.

lisam

Post   » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 pm

How do you guys feel about Mayor Pete? I thought his speech was inspiring. My daughter says it's just another white guy. But this one is gay, so there's that.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:53 pm

I really like him. I don't know whether he's electable or not, but he's among my top few contenders.

38 posts