And in Other Trump News & Weather...

GPIG

Post   » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:05 pm

There is a lot of blame to go around. Trump is a child with lots of money and power, it just happened, but he's not the only spoiled brat to F this thing up. Most of the blame I think goes to George jr.

We could all be booking vacations in Iraq had that babbling idiot not dismantled Iraq's military and security apparatus. It should be a beautiful place rebuilt with oil money and us paid back with that money also. The Iraqi military needed, had to be a part of the new Government and anyone with a 90 IQ would have known that.

It amazes me though how one moron(Bush) says "hey guys we're going to dismantle the Iraqi military tomorrow" and all of Washington starts whooping it up, back slapping the great idea.

BTW and just for the heck of it my friend Como and I are somewhere on record as saying that what Bush did was the stupidest thing we could have done to Iraq. Really, on the record. We got drunk and wrote a letter. Not sure where the letter ended up, we couldn't remember the next day where we mailed it.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:41 pm

I watched some of his clips. Always good to have someone who can really analyze things well!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Yeah, Bush 2 and his neocon buddies really made a mess.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Or probably more accurately...Cheney and Rumsfeld. I'm not convinced Bush II was ever really running the show.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 am

I totally agree, sef. Anyway, they opened a Pandora's box.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Listen to this from Representative Jamie Raskin:

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks for posting this. He did an excellent job of pulling these issues together.

Jail is too good for trump.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 am

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:56 am

It sure spoke to me.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2019

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:26 am

Wow, that sums up the dilemma going forward.

I was educated by liberal leftists, steeped in the "good" US, a sanitized history with emphasis on a few high points: the Revolution, the ideals of the Constitution, the Civil War fought to free the slaves, fighting the Fascists, and helping to rebuild Europe afterwards. Starting with observing the Vietnam War and educating myself, it has become harder and harder to feel much good about my country and people.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 am

Apparently, parts of the "new" wall are being easily breached. Cut, climbed, etc.

When Trump said "if there's a concrete wall in front of you go through it, go over it..."
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/2/1896748/-When-Tru ... t-go-over-it

And something the Guardian ran across:

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 pm

This really made me chuckle. Never piss off a Marine.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Yes! I saw that before - great to watch again -- and perhaps again! He has a good sense of humor.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Funny!

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:00 pm

You know how you can tell when Trump is lying? His lips are moving:

45 Ways Trump Has Been Dishonest About Ukraine and Impeachment

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Quite the list! Of course, you wouldn't be able to convince Faux watchers of the truth of it.

96 posts