AOC - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:42 am

I do, too. Unfortunately, I still think Biden is going to be the Dem nominee.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 pm

It's still early and he will continue to make missteps. One editorial I ran across claimed the dem nomination was Warren's to lose (saying she is going to get it unless something intervenes).

I think another scenario is Bernie sees the writing on the wall (he will not make it) and will support Warren -- caveat is that he never seems to give up no matter how hopeless.

GPIG

Post   » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm curious Sef, why do you think Biden would be unfortunate? I'm not questiong your opinion rather I don't know much about any of the candiates and wondered about Biden, specifically becaue I also think he may be the choice. He seems honroable to me but who knows

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:51 pm

GPIG, I know you asked this question of Sef, but I'm going to answer as well.

I think Biden's too old. He forgets things, stumbles over others, loses his train of thought, etc. We've got one of those in the White House now, and don't need another, even if he's not as far gone as tRump.

He's also one of those "I can work with the Republicans" folk who completely ignore the fact that the Republicans can't/won't be worked with. That may have been true years ago, but given the legislative Republican intransigence that prevails today, it's just a pipe dream.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Precisely. I like Biden, but for all of the reasons cited by bpatters, I think he needs to step aside and let someone younger who knows how to play hardball take a stab at it.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 pm

So Warren might get it. I like Warren, but I think she's going to have a real problem pulling in moderate Republicans, Dems, and Independents. She strikes me as someone who'll be willing to compromise & deal but I don't know if that's obvious to people. She used to be a Republican. And no one else is running close (except Bernie who should drop out).

It's hard to say how Trump's attempted smear of Biden will affect him. I still like Beto. He can be an impassioned speaker. Maybe VP?

My bottom line is still I want who can win. The stakes are just too high (must get rid of Trump/save the Republic). If the candidate doesn't have a good chance of winning, who cares what kind of democrat he/she is. If the Dem. doesn't win there won't be *any* progressive legislature. I'd rather have Trump ousted with a more centrist candidate than have a more progressive candidate who doesn't win.

I was just talking to my next door neighbor who is a conservative Rep. He wanted us to know he doesn't support Trump, but didn't like Warren either (no surprise). I don't think he'd vote for Trump again, but probably not for Warren either. Maybe he just won't vote. I didn't ask.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:02 pm

"My bottom line is still I want who can win."

100% agree.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:12 pm

I agree on the Biden assessment. I think Warren is whip smart and speaks from the heart about many issues that she has sound plans for. I firmly believe many people who might not want to consider her, don't know what a great job she would do for the vast majority of us.

28 posts