Possible Fungal Infection In Mouth?

PepeandPumpkin

Post   » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm

He doesn’t seem to be in terrible pain...he doesn’t scream or wheek or anything when either vet inspected his mouth and throat. I can feel all of it on the outside and down his throat and chin and he doesn’t complain. Nothing was discovered out of the ordinary. Yet he still won’t eat. He will syringe feed with little to no resistance. However he is on metacam once a day which is supposed to be relieving any pain. I just received the antifungal gel and put first dose in his mouth. So see what that does.

PepeandPumpkin

Post   » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 pm

White stuff appeared Sunday evening. Was flaked off by next day so it wasn’t there when he went to either vet. It happened again after three days of antibiotics.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Might be the quality of the pictures, but his front teeth look slanted, which could be a sign that his molars aren’t okay.

(Which has nothing to do with the possible fungal infection)

PepeandPumpkin

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:38 pm

That’s im guessing from not eating on his own. And not wearing them down for the last week. He has had X-rays and his teeth are fine. Two exotic pet vets have now inspected his back molars and they were X-rayed and they both said they are fine.

shansen

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Hello, I know this post is from last year, but my guinea pig is showing very similar symptoms and wondered how your guinea pig fared and if any treatments were effective?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:41 pm

If you want a response, your best bet is to write the original poster (who hasn't posted for almost a year). Include a link to this topic.