Sudden thirst increase, urine scald, high calcium, diet

daj

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 am

OK. I will have to get them weighed, so I can calculate the dose for each of them.

Ugh! I just realized that if I give the first dose Wed., I will still be away the following Wed. I would hate to hold off until Friday, but I will be back the following Friday. I was thinking the doses were spaced 2 weeks apart. What might you do in this case? The med comes Wed., and I am away starting the following Mon., until Fri.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am

You can hold off until Friday for the second dose. 9 days should be okay. Keep in mind, you can do four doses with the last three one week apart.

daj

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:20 am

Oh, good... Thank you!

daj

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Is there any rule of thumb for when they might start to feel some relief? And, what about the coconut oil? Should I hold off on that during the ivermectin treatment, or can it be applied something like the following day?

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:55 am

Can take 3 or sometimes 4 treats, depending on how severe the mites are, but I've generally seen some improvement after the 2nd treatment.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:56 am

The coconut oil could interfere with the ivermectin by blocking its absorption into the skin.

daj

Post   » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 pm

That was my concern, but the day after the first application, I did put oil on them. They are still scratching a lot, and their skin is dandruffy, so I figured it might be good to do up until a couple days before the next treatment. One of them put a deep red scratch on his back. I put some Butt Paste on that spot. I was dreading having this problem still unresolved while I have to go away. Now I will worry about them night & day.

187 posts