Unsure of what happened to my pig

User avatar
Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:29 am


If it improves, that is good.

I know you are doing the best you can explaining.

User avatar
Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:07 pm


Well, that's interesting. So you're thinking you'll wait and see if there are any changes over the next few weeks vs. having it removed?

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:19 am


Yeah.
He said he wouldnt wait for too long, but I am not sure... I am so alergic on having animals at vets.:). I said if he can guarantee nothing Will be wrong with pig and he said it shouldnt be, but it can always be cause such is life(but in terms with this removal its no problem) as I said I handle bad thoose things, my sister says what do you expect them to say if you talk to them like that. And I feel like Pablo Escobar when he said are there any problems cause I dont like problems:);). Yeah, we dont like problems with doctors nor anybody else, haha:).

I dont know how he exactly he tought of removing it, only he would not use anasthesia like for operation(gas thing).

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 am


I read Lynx topic.. very helpful, thank you.. so you often just leave thoose cyst or whatever to be if I understood correctly(Iries is not so little)?
My sister said she thinks its bothering him or it can well *explode*or whatever you say and he can have problems. I dont know, its probably easier to have it elswhere than on the belly.

I mean firstand foremost I am happy its not cancer.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 pm


We had a medium sized cyst removed from one of our pigs and I wish we had had it done sooner. We'd known about it for a while and it was growing. The vet explained that in order to close the incision properly & have enough skin to do so, the incision length would be about 3x the diameter of the cyst. So the cyst was about 1 inch across and the incision was 3 inches. She did just fine anyway.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 am


Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, Bookfan. If I understand it correctly that was ful operation? (Vet said that he wouldnt put Irie under anasthesia, but even if he would(he wont at least for now), his infection shouldnt cause any additional complication or something like that)

So you would remove it, too.. Irie s is a little bit smaller, but it grew slightly. Can it harm pigs in any way if you leave it or no?

I have to talk with my sister, again..we have talked with the vet already :). He said Irie can come on wednesday or oncheck in 4 weeks. And of course we would rather not come:).

Post Reply
306 posts