Prayers for Sophie please!......

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:51 am

Same with me. Often, those things are contageous BEFORE they start showing signs of being sick. Besides, it seems like her URI was quite advanced, so she´s probably had it for days before you noticed it. This means your other pigs could have already been cantaminated. I would put her back in with the others. Making her depressed won´t help her get better and it won´t change anything for the others since they´ve already been exposed to what she has. I don´t separate my URI pigs and (knock on wood!!!) I´ve never had them contaminate others.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:30 pm

The vet told me with Tubbit that it would be a little like closing the barn door after the animals were out! She said to leave her with her friends. So far, the other 3 are fine. Of course I check them 100 times a day!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:12 pm

Sophie is home now and doing fine. Actually, it´s like nothing ever happened!! I picked her up and went straight to the nursing home to see my Grandmother so I brought her so I could watch her. She has been eating, drinking and pooping quite well since I got her.

Right now she is in a separate cage as the vet advised so I can monitor her food intake better. I think perhaps if she is just as good tomorrow he will let me put her back with the others and then off they go to my friends house until Friday.

Thank you all for your support and advise.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:29 pm

I´m glad things are looking good. And I hope you can make your trip without worrying about any of your girls!

pinta

Post   » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:33 pm

I agree with putting her back with her friends. You can monitor her food intake by weighing her frequently throughout the day.

Re the reaction to the needle. Make a note where the injection was and ask the vet never to inject in that spot. I had a pig who had a bad reaction to injections on his back. So the vet made sure she injected on his hip and the problem was solved.