Guinea pig ding-a-ling...cauliflower willy? help?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:38 pm

You need to apply it very sparingly. You don't want your guinea pig to lick it off/eat it.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Ditto Lynx. Use very, very little and watch for a reaction to the smell.

meganmarie

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:05 pm

So...I'm kind of appaled. I was holding Winter, and i was doing a check-over, which is when i clean his penis and everything else that entails. I felt a small, hard lump, in his anal sack, and when i looked in, a saw a pretty sizable lump of white winter hairs! I cleaned it out, but i was pretty freaked. Not only did it look weird to see that in his anal sack, but i've never really had to clean him and was suprised at the...smell(gross!). I was under the impression that neuterted boars didnt need anal sack cleanings, and, also, is it normal to get wads of hair in the anal sack?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:17 pm

As I understand it, pretty much anything can get caught up in the sac. It depends on what they're bedded on, how much they flip the sac open, etc.

Neutered boars aren't as prone to impaction as intact boars, but all boars need to have their sacs and penis sheaths checked regularly. But only clean if necessary.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:58 am

The smell is pretty fierce, isn't it?

I have to confess that I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from the memory of an especially bad vet wrinkling up his nose as he cleaned out one of my boars once (done by this vet's own choice and not mine, BTW...)

Glad you got it all cleaned out.

meganmarie

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:06 am

Okay, Thank you, bpatters. I didn't know that.

LS, oh my! It was so suprising! I've smelled his boar stank before, don't get me wrong, but, ugh...the only thing i have to say is oh my...

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:12 am

This makes me so glad I have only had girls! :) I can only imagine the smell!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 am

*Ominous voice* No, you cannot even imagine the smell. It is more than imagination can even cope with... *end scary music*

It is enough to make your hair stand on end. But boars are so sweet, all the stank is worth it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:41 am

Hmmm, I have missed out on so much..

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:20 pm

You get it used to it. And yes -- they can get hair and all manner of stuff stuck up there.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:16 pm

The lovely, odorous cheesy stuff is a mixture of smegma, dead skin cells, and glandular secretions that discharge into the anal sac. Perfectly normal, but very, um, fragrant.

Neutering can help some males with that to some extent, but there's no guarantees and with some, it doesn't make any difference at all.

meganmarie

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:42 pm

This question isn't really about his 'bits' specifically, but...Winter is neutered. 1. Can he still produce boar glue...? Because i'm pretty sure he does. 2. He boar glued one of my other piggies, Ginger. I tried to get it out with warm water and shampoo and it just...fell off into my hand. She now has a beautiful dime sized area where I can see her little baby pink skin. : ( poor little baby. It just...fell off. It was almost like a mat. I can't imagine that was comfortable.