Not eating, no diagnosis (Mupsi close to 3 years)

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 pm

My hyperthyroid pig also would have loose poo from time to time.

hanna

Post   » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Interesting! Is there a measurement for thyroid or is it just to try med and see if it helps?

She had blood tests last autumn, I wonder if any of the values are thyroid.

Mupsi has not has soft poo problems, I suppose Saturday diarrhea was caused by strong ab.

hanna

Post   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:28 am

She also breaths fast, just counted 120-130 per min :(

hanna

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:30 am

After that last post we started sulpha for 7 days. Her heavy breathing went to normal, but despite of healthy poo and all other supportative things she got a diarrea again, not that massive but still. She also started then the heart medicin. The next week after ab sun was shining to us, she gained weight, acted normally etc. Heart was still beating fast, but not heavily. And again next week (sat 8.4.) unexplained soft poo and weight loss. Her condition was up and down, really picky on food but ate porridge well until Monday 10.4., when she started to resist poo and porridge and all that. She had some kind of stroke late Monday evening, went numb, body tonus down, other eye 'sank' to head and other went grey and started to close. You know I was afraid she passes away, but she recovered. Her vet called me at night when I asked to and I said my intuition says it is time her to go before this gets even worse.

Next morning her poo was runny, she has difficulties (pain?) when pooing. We had time for euthanasia at mid day, so she got all treats (dried herbs etc) and little before we left endless amount of fresh new wheat (sorry do not know the word in english, but like grass).

Her autopsy came yesterday. She had left ventricle thick, little space for heart to pump the blood. Her right was 'loosa' alike her stomack. Liver was fragile and light, some kind of damage, adrenal glands damaged,mpossibly because of stress in the body. Vet said her condition would have got worse within days.

hanna

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:39 am

As you can see, she looks normal, she is the cream black in front. Her weight in this video, taken last morning, is 750 grams. Normally, when she was younger, it was 1000g, then 2016 down to 900--> 850, this year dropping to 800 and finally below, lowest was 726. The young behind is 5 months old and weight 770g, male is 1130g. We must trust we know our little ones and trust the instincts and ovservations on behaviour, how and where they sleep, eat, move, don't move. I would not have forgotten myself if I let her go towards more pain, who knows how much she had already?

Here is the video

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:01 am

She was lovely.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 am

I'm so sorry you lost her.