VeBee's Medical Thread

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:05 am

These are x-rays the vet took the day VeBee died. She wasn't sure of the white mass on the left (might show on the right here), but thought it could be a diseased kidney or possibly an ovarian cyst. She leaned to the kidney disease.

ImageVeBee_Helms_Vebee #2 10.5.17

ImageVeBee_Helms_Vebee #1 10.5.17

If anyone can help read these x-rays, I'd sure appreciate the assistance. I've not yet received even a verbal necropsy report.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am

Verbal necropsy report came in. Ve had a lot happening to her, but the finishing touch was a hemorrhagic tumor in one of the horns of her uterus that (probably) threw out a blood clot that proceeded to one of her kidneys and lodged in the nexus of the blood vessels. This blood clot blocked all arteries in the kidney, causing a massive failure. More when I get the written report.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am

Oh my dear friend the pain and sadness you and your husband are going through the last few months. My heart goes out to you and I am sending massive hugs to you both. To lose 3 piggies so suddenly and close together is heart wrenching. Take comfort that all 3 are together again never to be parted. Causing chaos in paradise running amuck.

RIP little VeBee. Popcorn in paradise and munch on the fresh green grass. Forever young and in perfect health. She will always be with you! When you hear the leaves blowing or a gentle breeze on your face it will be Vebee, saying hey Mum I'm here and so is Flossie and Scatter cause we love you and Dad. You were the best ever! You gave us the best of everything and loved us dearly. Until you meet again. Think of how happy you will all be then! Big hugs to you both.

I'm sure they're playing tag your it with Jessie, Jemma, Jupiter and Jasmine. Waiting for the day when we join them to be together forever. In the mean time keep them close to your heart! Any time you wish to talk I'm here for you and your husband!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:00 pm

I am so sorry. And multiple losses close together make it so much harder. I like thinking of them all together at the bridge.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 pm

It sounds like she didn't have a chance. Necropsies can certainly help understand what happened.

Hugs.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:29 pm

I'm so very sorry.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 am

VeBee's Necropsy Report:

Heart lungs, left kidney, liver, gall bladder, bladder, pancreas: No abnormal findings
Thymus gland: enlarged nodular Stomach: gas distended and liquid ingesta Small Intestines: empty Cecum: fluid distended Colon: empty except for small areas of semi formed stool Ovaries: bilaterally cystic the left was more enlarged Uterus: right side hemorrhagic with a 2cm intraluminal mass Right Kidney: central area of ischemic necrosis Adrenal Glands: bilaterally enlarged and nodular

My thanks to each of you for your kind and comforting words.

Rest in peace, VeBee-Baby. I love and miss you.