Foster deformed poop

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello again guys, so here is my problem, Foster is my 1 year old male guine pig, and in the Christimas day, he had a little diarrhea, which didn't last a full day and poop wasn't liquid it was just a very soft poop, okay, then this Monday he again had the same kind of diahrrea which got better in the same day, and today his poop is deformed:

I don't know what is going on, he's eating normally, his weight is normal and he is not looking ill.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Would you like me to add your pics permanently to your thread? I can crop and compress them so they load more quickly and are available to future readers.

Have you read www.guinealynx.info/.html ? It addresses some digestive issues. What is his diet?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 pm

What exactly is he eating? What kind/brand of pellets, and how many? What kind of hay? Which veggies, and how much of each?

lisam

Post   » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 pm

A deformed poop usually means some type of problem in the digestive tract.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:16 am

What exactly is he eating? What kind/brand of pellets, and how many? What kind of hay? Which veggies, and how much of each?
He normally eats letucce, acerola which is what we call 'Malpighia glabra' in Brazil, carrot, parsley, hay and pellets. The pellets brand is Funny Bunny, which is pratically the only one we have in Brazil, he don't have a fix diet, I give him those things during the week, and I don't know exactly the quantity.

Would you like me to add your pics permanently to your thread? I can crop and compress them so they load more quickly and are available to future readers.
Sure.

Have you read www.guinealynx.info/diarrhea.html ? It addresses some digestive issues.
I read it now but I don't think he have any of those problems as his poop is normal again... I will keep my eye on him and I tell you guys if something goes wrong.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:35 am

I think a member here, Regiane, has a forum you might want to join. If anyone has info on foods in Brazil, she should. I do recall her importing some foods from the US though so it may be slim pickings.

Porquinhos da Índia BR
http://porquinhosbr.poeticforum.com/forum.htm

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:23 pm

I think a member here, Regiane, has a forum you might want to join. If anyone has info on foods in Brazil, she should. I do recall her importing some foods from the US though so it may be slim pickings.

Porquinhos da Índia BR
http://porquinhosbr.poeticforum.com/forum.htm
I took a read from this website and I will buy their recommended pellet, thank you Lynx and Happy New Year!

Atomicoxy

Post   » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm back, Foster poop is better and now my "problem" is another, me and my girlfriend were thinking of buying a new pig for Foster as he was alone, today she surprised me with 2, 7-8 months, boars, I'm very happy but it's very hard to introduce them, Foster is the dominant as he is 1.5 year old, but I think one of the new were the dominant before, making it hard for them to "decide", they're getting better with each other but some time they start chasing each other like crazy, which is normal as I've read and seen in videos, so here is my question, is it possible for them 3 to live together? They're all boars. Thanks and sorry for any grammar mistake.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Did you do proper introductions? See http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html for how to go about it.

If they came from a pet store or off Craigslist, keep an eye on them. They're often sick or have parasites, and now you'll have to treat them all. It's why a three-week quarantine is recommended.

Also, turn them ALL over and compare their private parts. It's entirely possible that one of them is female.

They may be able to live together, if the cage is large enough. Three boars take a LOT of room.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:04 am

Did you do proper introductions? See http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html for how to go about it.

If they came from a pet store or off Craigslist, keep an eye on them. They're often sick or have parasites, and now you'll have to treat them all. It's why a three-week quarantine is recommended.

Also, turn them ALL over and compare their private parts. It's entirely possible that one of them is female.

They may be able to live together, if the cage is large enough. Three boars take a LOT of room.
I did almost everything in this guide you linked me, they're getting better and I confirmed, they're all 3 boars, and they have a big cage, and I tried to stay awake to keep looking them but I fell asleep @ 5 am but my girlfriend woke up and saw that Foster has a bleeding nose, and it's not an scrach it's a kind of strike, he probably hit the cage or something like that, because I think there is no way another guinea pig can make both of his nostril to bleed, the bleed already stopped and he's acting normal, is that okay? Or should I be worried? They're all going for a bath soon :D

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:29 am

Actually, if his nose is bleeding, he probably cornered another pig somewhere and got bit for his trouble.

How large is the cage? If it's too small, it'll never work.

Do you have hideys in it that only have one door? If so, take them out and throw them away. You can use upside down boxes without lids, holes cut in the ends for doors, and then any pig can get away from any other pig. Or you can clip fleece across the corners of the cage, or make fleece forests.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Actually, if his nose is bleeding, he probably cornered another pig somewhere and got bit for his trouble.

How large is the cage? If it's too small, it'll never work.

Do you have hideys in it that only have one door? If so, take them out and throw them away. You can use upside down boxes without lids, holes cut in the ends for doors, and then any pig can get away from any other pig. Or you can clip fleece across the corners of the cage, or make fleece forests.
I removed the hideys that only have one door, and I think their cage is big enough for them:

Foster is under the newspaper, Chewie is the brown one, and Flake is the white.