Boadicea - another non-conformist - Medical thread

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 am

We stopped off at the vet on the way home from the Cape. Really glad I did. It wasn't a stone that had blocked her, it was sludge, and it was in the process of blocking her again. Bloodwork from the other day indicated a problem with her kidneys. Really high phosphorous - three times normal. And high calcium, thus the sludge. She's on Aluminum Hydroxide to try to lower the phosphorous. At least the vet cleared what was in her. I'm hoping the meds can take effect before she gets blocked with sludge again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:16 am

I wonder where the high phosphorous came from. Sending good wishes!!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Good luck with your little non-conformist! My Rosie was helped by taking potassium citrate for her sludge problem. When I get a chance--or next see a vet--I will ask about these two treatments.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:06 pm

I lost Boadicea on Monday. She'd been doing alright the last two weeks - cranky, but actually starting to gain a little weight. Then suddenly she just faded away. Wedgwood is left on her own a lot earlier than I had planned, but Wedgie needs to be my last pig for a while. I promised Rob and myself no more pigs. (I need to give my hay allergies a rest.)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:35 pm

I'm very sorry you lost her.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 pm

So sorry, Pooksie.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Oh, I am so sorry, PooksiedAnimals.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:58 am

I'm so very sorry, PooksiedAnimals. You're in my thoughts.

Rest in peace, little one. You are loved and missed.