Broken leg?

Nannub

Post   » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 pm

I'll update on the meds as soon as I get the information.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Extra bones? Do you have any xrays? I can add them to your post if you wish.

I am so sorry there has been no improvement.

Nannub

Post   » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm

I'll try to get the xrays @ Lynx

Nannub

Post   » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 pm

What can we use as a source of fresh vitamin c every day besides veggies? Chewable vitamin C?

Nannub

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:29 am

She got Vibramycin 0.3ml/q12h and Prednisolone .2ml/q12h. We gotta stop the Metacam and wait three days before starting the Prednisolone.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 am

Sort on vitamin C for ideas. Go for vegs vs. fruits.
chart.html

Nannub

Post   » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:32 am

Okay. Thanks!

We started antibiotics. And she has to start the steroids on Sunday. She's in a little bit of pain because we couldn't give her Metacam. Hopefully steroids will help her.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and her.

Nannub

Post   » Mon May 01, 2017 8:46 am

Hi everyone, we've been on this new treatment for a week now. No major improvements... the joints on her back legs seemed to have fused together completely. And one of her front paws too. She struggles to get around so we help her and keep water and hay by her. Other than that she still eats as usual and enjoys pets and head scratches. It's so hard to see her not being able to move much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I am so sorry you are not seeing improvement. It is so difficult to have an ill pet.

Nannub

Post   » Wed May 24, 2017 10:47 am

I just wanted to update you all on Victoria's situation.
After a few weeks on this new treatment we didn't have any major improvement on her situation. We talked to the vet about our options and she suggested that pain management would be the right thing to do from now on. Victoria doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or in pain most of the time and she's still the happiest pig in the world. We'd love for her to be able to walk again but that's not possible. She still manages to get around pretty well but prefers to lay down by her hay pile, pellets and water.
Vet told me that prolonged use of Metacam can cause some kidney problems but our goal is to give Tato the best quality of life we possibly can.
My husband and I have decided that we'll give her the best life she can have given her current situation until the time comes. If at some point we see that she's not happy anymore, she stops eating or it's in constant pain we'll have to make the decision of putting her to sleep but right now we think she's doing great. We're enjoying the time we have with her and giving her extra cuddles. We love our girl so much.
Thank you everyone for your support!

She's on 0.04ml q24hs of Metacam.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 24, 2017 10:50 am

It sounds like you are making a wise choice. We have had several guinea pigs on metacam for extended periods of time so problems with the kidneys may not develop.

Hoping for the best for you.