Chronic stuffy nose

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm

The only thing I recall about Prednisone use, is that you can't mix it with an NSAID.

Ditto heart med trial.

oscarterapeuta

Post   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:10 pm

I have a similar topic. I don't know whether to worry or not.
Axel makes a strange sound, it is the same sound a person makes when it is congested. But he does it once and then for a long time he breathes normally.
I get the impression that he has something inside his nose that he tries to eliminate by blowing through his nose.
Axel had coccidiosis a while ago. He took baycox.
At that time he had lost a lot of weight. Today he is much more recovered, there is no diarrhea, he has regained his weight, he eats Timothy hay, Pellets and vegetables. But it has that sound that makes at times. I think when he sleeps he never makes that sound.
The other detail is that drinks very little water. Sometimes he approaches the bottle with water, goes straight to drink, but does not.
It is very difficult to take it to the veterinarian since in the nearby areas there are no exotic ones. I could go to another city but given the protests and everything that is happening in Chile, it is difficult.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm

I am sorry for what is going on in Chile.

Would you like to have your own topic on Axel or did you just want to comment on this one?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Please do create a separate topic for Axel.

It sounds like Axel needs to see a veterinarian to check for an upper respiratory infection.