Renavive

Cloegpg

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi everyone, I posted recently about my five year old sow Patricia who had a mass removed from her ear. While we are still waiting on the results of that, she is still being very fussy with certain foods (bell pepper, tomato, KMS pellets, pretty much anything crunchy) and not touching her water bottle. She has always had calcium deposits and a recent urine test showed that she has calcium sludge, but no infections or blood in her urine. She has seemed to have more deposits lately and I was concerned with her lack of interest in food that she may have some discomfort from this. We just had her teeth looked at and trimmed in the back when she had her mass removed so that is ruled out as well. I've read good things about Renavive and got the okay from my vet to try it, though she's hesitant since it's not very well know for pigs yet. Does anyone here have any experience with it? I'd love for her to be on it long term to give her some comfort. Thank you!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Message afdani1984. She's used it.

Cloegpg

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you bpatters.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 pm

If you are seeing sludge, you might want to increase fluids. Some pigs will take water from a syringe.

Cloegpg

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:30 pm

I give her water by syringe twice a day. She takes it very well.

Cloegpg

Post   » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:27 pm

I reached out to Cavy Savvy Guinea Pig Community on Facebook and they gave me some information regarding it as well as a couple of other users that have tried it. I've seperated one capsule into five doses with 12 ml of water, so she will be getting 2.4 ml of it daily. She just had her first dose.