A Friend Needs Help

Renee

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:58 pm

My sister-in-law has a piggy named bowtie. She has just called me and said that he had little bumps arounds his mouth. They are the same color as his mouth and they are not oozing or anything like that. The only things that he has had the past couple of days is romaine lettuce, apples, carrots. Could this possibly be some kind of canker sore or something. Any help I would be appreciated.

Renee

pinta

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:05 pm

Some pigs are sensitive to apple. I´d try cutting the apple out and seeing if there is an improvement.

Otherwise, Evangeline has had personal experience with clearing up mouth sores....on her pigs.....so she says.

Renee

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:07 pm

Thank you ever so much for getting back to me so quick Pinta. I will tell her to stop the apple. Thank you again.

Renee

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:46 pm

"So she said"? Pfff!

My Leeloo can´t eat apple or she gets mouth sores at the corner of her lips. At some point, Nookie had them too. I´m not sure this is the same thing as described by Renee, but mouth sores take forever to heal. I used Methilene Blue on them, as it dries the sore and makes it crust over.

Renee, could it be an allergic reaction to something?

pinta

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:57 pm

"on her pigs....so she says" as opposed to on herself.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1