Bee 's Medical thread

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Mix some of her favorite fruit/veggie in it and see if that helps.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Alright I'll try that, thanks!

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm

I found some poos, here's an image:
https://gyazo.com/9149e71070e4e4004ca877987ee25bbb
Do they look okay to you guys? I know she's still healing but they don't reveal any other problems right?

Also you can keep the image for further reference.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 pm

It's actually a lot browned than the picture turned out, sort of a green-tan color.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 am

Here's your image:

I think there is a range of color from tan to dark, depending on what is being eaten. If these were the cecal feces, they would be even greener and stinky.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 am

She eats mostly hay right now, so maybe that's a contributing factor.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi, again!

Bee seems to be doing well, she won't eat anything much besides hay but I'm getting her C through VitaDrops in her water (which I replace every thirty minutes or so). She does have a goopy eye, I've included a picture below. (Sorry it's a bit low quality)

https://gyazo.com/1b022eb058fb929cd5b1dd4b94b5854d

Does this look like an illness or just stress? Also, how do I get her to eat more than just hay so she can regain her strength?

Thanks for all your help!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 am

I would try to syringe the vitamin C once or twice daily directly instead of putting it in the water.

Are you weighing daily? You mentioned crackly breathing earlier -- a possible URI. It is good she is eating hay but of course she needs more variety to get proper nutrients. What is her behavior like?

www.guinealynx.info/uri.html

www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html

www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 am

Hi, everyone!

Sorry I haven't gotten back in a while. It's been a busy week for everyone here. Bee seems to be doing much better, she's eating normal food and drinks from a bottle again and no crackly breathing anymore as far as I can tell.

I tried to put her back in with her cage mates and she attacked them, however, so I'm letting her live on her own in the meantime until I can bond her again.

As for weight, I don't have a scale precise enough for that any more since my last one broke and I haven't gone out and gotten another, but visibly she seems to be gaining weight.

Thanks again for all your help!
Fred

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Great news! Thanks for the update. Do get another scale. They are so important!

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi, all!

Bee's still doing okay but she's been pretty wobbly lately. She's still interested in food but she's pretty wobbly (ditto) and has slightly weepy/crusty eyes. Any ideas? Just hasn't regained her strength, or something else? I haven't been able to get her into a very big cage yet, she's still in my quarantine cage.

Thanks!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm

The weepy, crusty eyes tell me your guinea pig is likely still ill. Are you still giving antibiotics, weighing daily, and hand feeding if needed?