Sporadic blood in urine

Cheyanneh

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi everyone. I am seeking advice/tips of others with this issue.
I have a 5 yr old male, Oliver.
In mid-may he started to pass blood in his urine. It stopped the same day and began again on June 2nd. I took him to the vet, they did a urinalysis and gave him sub-q fluid. The urinalysis showed NO urinary tract infection, but did show protein in his urine which concerned the vet. The blood stopped the same night again and didn't show up again until June 14th, in which it seemed like he was in pain when he passed the urine. The vet also said it looked like he was loosing muscle mass on the sides of his hips, but he is still at a good weight, 2.3 and it has not changed (I weigh him everyday).
We are getting an ultrasound for him on Friday but I am so scared my angel has renal disease which will turn into kidney failure.
Does anyone have experience with this random blood in urine?
Otherwise, Oliver is eating his pellets/hay and drinking normally. He does lay down alot but he is 5. He gets floor time with his sister and he is very active and alert.

Does anyone have experience with their piggies with renal disease? Could it be anything else? Diabetes I was maybe thinking?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:18 pm

He should have an xray to check for stones.
www.guinealynx.info/stones.html