Olive's gas problem

Olive

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:31 am

**too late to edit. I meant 3 mm.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:25 am

I think you will have to experiment with it to see what helps.

I do not recall milk of magnesia being prescribed by vets for guinea pigs. If your vet in India is looking for a motility drug, he/she would use cisapride or metoclopromide:
www.guinealynx.info/motility.html

Olive

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:29 am

Too bad. She's scared of the pad. I'll have to resort to hand massaging. She has started pooping just a little bit after the milk of magnesia dose, but, she seems to be eating almost everything of whatever little she's pooping. Should I allow her to do that?

Also, her poop size is small. While, it's not normal, it's okay, since she's on a recovery route, right?

I'll have to continue with the dosage of milk of magnesia and hope for the best, I guess. Too frequent change of medicine won't do her any good.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Weigh her daily - perhaps a couple times a day right now. Make sure she is eating enough. Small poop size may indicate she is not eating enough.
www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

Olive

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Her weight is still at 750g. Yes, she isn't eating much. It's better than before, but still not enough. I've been hand feeding her everyday as much as I can as well. I guess she isn't eating enough because there hasn't been much poop? I think, she'll eat more once her system starts clearing?

She's already on meds and I don't want to feed her vitamin C tabs. Any vegetable that'll naturally give her vitamin C?

Again, thank you so much for all the help you are giving. Couldn't have come this far without your help.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Bell pepper (capsicum) is the best source of vitamin C I know. Red has the most, but also the most sugar. Green has the least of both.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:32 pm

You can see what vegs in 10 calorie amounts have the most vitamin C on this page:
www.guinealynx.info/chart.html

Click on the name of the column and it will sort for you high or low.

Olive

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Thank you. If you could answer for whether or not I should allow her to eat all her poop?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 am

Yes, she can eat the poop.

Olive

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 am

The doctor has stopped coming to her chamber. This is the kind of unprofessional country I live in. I don't think any of these vets are of any help for my baby. She has suffered a lot and with no result. I'm going to take matters in my own hands now and do as you instruct me. I'll be giving her Reglan/metoclopramide today onwards. Can you suggest me on the dosage ASAP please. This is my last hope for her. Will be providing Reglan orally to her. So please instruct accordingly.

I'll continue with simethicone and probiotic in the meantime. Will administer pain killers from time to time.

Olive

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:27 pm

She definitely has gas in her body. I can feel the rumbling of gas in her tummy everytime i massage her. Please instruct me medication for gas along with dosages. I'm not sure I can trust any of the vets here. This forum seems to be my only hope.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Ideally you would have a good vet who made an accurate diagnosis and prescribed appropriate medications.

I posted the information you require above, a link to this page:
www.guinealynx.info/motility.html