Unsure of what happened to my pig

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:03 am

You need to be checking his anal sac, penis sheath and penis on a regular basis. He can't do it himself, and you may be letting him suffer unnecessarily.

Here's a good video by one of our users:

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks, so much..i didnt know that..whoops. Thats why I am writing sometimes I aint that experienced,cause i am not. MAybe thats what it bothers him..hm..
HE is sort of cleaning himself, like dogs and cats do..maybehe cant remove all dirt like you said. His vet didnt clean him that kind...cause we would both murder him straight away and than he wont be able to laugh or smile at us, anymore, haha. Either IRie loose it or I do and we ll have to again to get an x-ray and his vets are so self-confident..its just..huh..

You have to know.. Irie has such a perfect character very inteligent-learns fast, wild, fiesty, extroverted, hiperactive and when he doesnt like what you do he aint just dominant, i would say he can be even agressive-it got worse i would say cause his previous owners didnt know how todeal with him-so i think he became even more agressive cause of that-he is dominant pig since he s been born thats clear-he was the right pig for them-he wasnt depressive in the corner he was fighting with them-winner-than he came to us and i just knew he is the one in a billion. He ll bite you and wont stop likesome Pig bull sort of scene with hair like a lion.

So of course,i ll try to help him and clean him, just not exactly like that, cause he willmurder me, i ll try to remove the dirt. I dont know what kind of characters yours pig have. This pig is sooo patient, calm i would say even sensitive in the video and yes its very clear and good video ..

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 pm

He won't murder you. He's a three pound pig, you're an adult human. You need to make sure he's taken care of whether he likes it or not.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Some males need to be cleaned out when they get a little older; some don't. It's just one of those things that I routinely check when I'm doing their nail trims: eyes, ears, teeth, anal sac, nipples, penis. Takes just a few minutes per pig. One of ours in particular doesn't like it, but as bpatters said -- you are bigger than they are, and it's for their own good.

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:00 pm

okay..just two more questions if somebody is willing to answer, i am freaking out:
if we go to Ringos vet(i have this feeling our vets wont wanna x-ray him, its the way they are-stubborn like this dr Burggs or something like that from the other topic-very similar, eh), the one who knows them well-theydo everything for them on request it seems..but..it doesnt helpus, so..i dont even care) do you think we can get side views like this pig in the box in the video orno?
Ringos vets are very good at x-ray, but i have no idea if they ever x-ray pig, or pig in the box-i wouldsay highly unlikely.

Was anybody present with pigs on x-ray and how long does it take to wait?

At Iries vets you have to left pig there for hours and come back..but if we go private..its done immidiatly or no? i waited onlyfew minutes once for Ringo when he had front legs x-rays,cause he was limping.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 pm

With ours, we have an appointment and the vet takes the guinea pig to the back to x-ray him. I don't watch it but I stay and wait in the exam room. The vet then brings the guinea pig back to me. It generally takes around 20 minutes to do the x-ray and the vet looks at the image before coming back to the exam room to show me the x-ray on her laptop.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 am

Irie was x-rayed at his vets.

HE doesnt have the stones. All is perfect. Except his penis wasnt clean at all, he said maybe that is causing him pain.

He also stated that flourscopy is totally the same quality as an x-ray and if i wanna x-ray i only have to pay more. I said yeah and he probably tought i am nuts:). But he did it. And my brother was shaking his head at me.. cause as I stated before they are extreamly experienced and educated.
And he said(my brother) and you only have a grammar school of economics and even there you didnt like to go too much..:p so how about listen a little bit more and dont annoy IRie with un needed vet visits.

However I am very happy he doesnt have the stones. And… now i hopehe wont need no more vet visits this year. His weight his good. And his poops are brilliant his vet said he doesnt have permanently damaged stomach(as this was my guess:S whoops)-and cant have it if his poops are normal.

So this is how we solve it. ;)

I have so much work with Ringo that this calmed me down..at least a little bit..And I am glad i didnt change the vet..this would be fatal mistake!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:09 am

Was it the outside of the penis that was not clean? Was there any blockage of the penis, like a hardened sperm rod? Extending the penis can show if there is hair wrapped around it or if it is inflamed. Was a cream prescribed? What was the issue with his penis?

I am glad he does not have any stones.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:43 pm

No..inside.. Something like that yeah, but I cant say for sure..it smelt awful when vet got it out-he had to push it out, it wasnt seen.
No cream, cause it wasnt inflamed.
HE said he cant say for sure, why IRie is making sounds, but it could be this is bothering him… otherwise on x-ray all looked very well..

And of course I didnt ask vet if this is hardened sperm rod, cause i ve made enough crazy comments at vets over the years to do that:P;).
I wont even go there on forum.. but I played football with lads for 15 years and if i wanna say something i Will. And Ringo s and Irie s vets are all three very self confident, stubborn, experienced and Quite older than me so you can imagine than..there were Quite a few funny scenes. Ringos vets once replied as I said i had enough its all completely useless..he said yeah? Maybe its useless to you or maybe even is useless, but its the way it is, you know...so..i excused myself on asking more about IRies penis, today:p;):) No comment. He just said even if he was castrated he would still have thoose problems..

And thanks!

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Hey, Lynx..

As i tought we Will have a little peace, we have some new question for you. Sometimes I am just a little bit in the dark when we have post vet visits complications.

Irie is extreamly lively, eating well, pooping well, urinating a lot..but today i notice very small hairless spot under his mouth okay(on the outside).
It doesnt seem like lump at least for now. (I noticed it just now..today, evening check).

Just like hairless spot. His bitting on cage a lot..but I wouldnt say that is a reason.

I have some fungus on my hand so at first I tought that I didnt infect him or..that he doesnt have an abscess. I mean I am worried but he doesnt seem to me he have dental problems.. my previous pig had alot of dental issues but it was very obvious.. he can eat grass and hay fairly normal, at least i would say..he drinks normal...maybe with very very compact pellets he struggles a little bit.

I have to go to his vet fairly soon again to get medicines for infection, but of course I dont like this stuff. I can bring him with me so they would check him..

I decided to watch it and him for few days and i Will see where it Will be going. ITs a shame he got this right after vet visit. And if it Will get significally worse, of course we can go to his vets back anytime, they re used to it by now..

I am a little worried as I had to spend at night time with Ringo-he cant be alone-he goes out cause his bladder is not working that well anymore and I cant really watch Irie if he eats and stuff..altough I do check it. I have to calm down but Ringo and Irie keep on shocking me with this new situations.

If I watch for days and maybe send you a photo, can you post it here please and maybe anybody knows what it is?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Sure. If you have a clear, crisp, medical photo, I can post it.

The loss of hair under his mouth can be many things. Could even have been a bit of boar glue that later allowed a clump of hair to be pulled out.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Any chance he has plastic food bowls?